TPG Community

Get online support

High Ping Modern Warefare servers

ScooterC
Level 2

Hi Guys similar issue as reported by another user in this thread

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/High-ping-to-TPG-servers/m-p/129248

But the issue is simply a different game (Call of Duty Modern Warefare 2). Don't know the IP address of the modern warefare 2 servers to run a tracert maybe your engineering team can sort this. Ping is fine with all other games and with speed tests. I also get lower/better ping when hotspotting with my phone which is with another provider so it seems this is a TPG to activision server issue. 

Can someone look into this please.

8 REPLIES 8
BasilDV

Hi @ScooterC 

We'd like to check on this further and see what we can do to improve the connection.

Kindly send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

ScooterC
Level 2

Techs were unable to resolve the issue but they tried. There are other people experiencing this issue

https://www.reddit.com/r/ModernWarfareII/comments/1205r72/high_ping_australia/

this is not occurring with all providers when using my phone as a hotspot which is with telstra my ping is 40ms

david64
Level 15

Hi @ScooterC . Is this still a problem?
If you want to find out the game servers ip address, you can try this on your computer.

Reboot it.

Command:       netstat -an

This shows sessions normally running on computer. Check the Foreign Address column for addresses with Established or Close_Wait connections.

Run the game and get it running.

Do    netstat -an    again and do comparison between the two displays.

There should be new ip addresses being for the game connection.

Do tracert commands to the new ip addresses to determine delays.

Connect your computer to your phone and do the same tracert commands.

KD99
Level 2

Still an issue, and many others have it. 

Shane

Let us help see what causing latency issues with the service and get to the bottom of this. Could you shoot us a PM with your details to better understand the situation?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Still an issue, and many others have it. 

Will5050
Level 2

Any solution for this yet?

BasilDV

Hi @Will5050

We've responded to your other post and will be waiting for your account details via PM.

BasilDV

Jcooper
Level 2
Hi, I am having the same issue - I mainly use PlayStation 5. I am with vodaphone