TPG Community

Get online support

High ping in Rocket League

SOLVED Go to solution
stiv
Level 2

Hi,

Starting about a week ago, I have started getting much higher pings in rocket league than normal. It will usually hover around 20ms but it is now consistently around 180ms on the Australian Servers. Would someone be able to take a look?

When I ran a trace there was a very obvious point where the ping spiked. I've attached a screenshot of the trace.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @stiv . In the photo, addresses at lines 5 and 6 are owned by LLC Communications, possibly located in America.
The address at line 7 is i3D (the game company) located in Sydney.
TPG should look at the routing on their server at line 4. Why go via LLC instead of more direct route to i3D?

Can you try this again. I could tracert to address 6 in photo and came back with much quicker response time.

I couldn't see the i3D host.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @stiv 

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

Are you playing on PC, PS or Xbox? 

Are you connected via WiFi or Wired connection?

Is it just with Rocket League game?

BasilDV

david64
Level 15

Hi @stiv . In the photo, addresses at lines 5 and 6 are owned by LLC Communications, possibly located in America.
The address at line 7 is i3D (the game company) located in Sydney.
TPG should look at the routing on their server at line 4. Why go via LLC instead of more direct route to i3D?

Can you try this again. I could tracert to address 6 in photo and came back with much quicker response time.

I couldn't see the i3D host.

stiv
Level 2

Thanks all, as of this morning the routing looks correct and my ping has dropped back to normal.

BasilDV

Glad that it is back to normal.

Have a good day!