TPG Community

Get online support

Home Superfast Plan - Complimentary Speedboost email

SOLVED Go to solution
TimEllis45
Level 2

My speed went from 40 to 179 for a few days. Now it is ranging between 6 and 9mbps.

Riezl

Hi @TimEllis45, please PM us your account details so we can take a look and help resolve this concern. To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

TimEllis45
Level 2

I just turned the NBN Box off and on again as well as my Modem and my speed went from 7mbps to 245mbps.

very odd

TimEllis45
Level 2

Back down to 129 now....

Shane

Hi @TimEllis45,

What devices are affected with the speed issue?

In the event that its the devices connected via Wi-Fi, Its probably caused by Wireless Interference, here are some articles that you may find helpful.

Please see links below.

Let us know how it will go.

Back down to 129 now....

TimEllis45
Level 2

Thanks Shane

I am using the modem supplied by TPG (TP Link 1600) and a TP Link extender downstairs.

I am using 5G as the TPG technician advised against 2.4ghz.

What is connecting to my wifi?

My PC

My phone

My Chromecast

My front door (Hikvision video door)

My printer

All of these devices were connected and working fine prior to the speed issues and the constant disconnects from NBN. (NBN frequently disconnects for "maintenance" but my modem won't automatically reconnect... I have to turn it off and then on again to restore the internet)

Shane

Hi @TimEllis45

Thanks for the additional details.

Shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) to better understand what causing dropouts on the service.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Thanks Shane

I am using the modem supplied by TPG (TP Link 1600) and a TP Link extender downstairs.

I am using 5G as the TPG technician advised against 2.4ghz.

What is connecting to my wifi?

My PC

My phone

My Chromecast

My front door (Hikvision video door)

My printer

All of these devices were connected and working fine prior to the speed issues and the constant disconnects from NBN. (NBN frequently disconnects for "maintenance" but my modem won't automatically reconnect... I have to turn it off and then on again to restore the internet)

gads83
Level 2

Is there any way to get this trial or is it pot luck on who gets an invite. Have been a TPG customer for over 20yrs and would be nice to get a little something for loyalty.....

Shane

Hi @gads83,

Welcome to the community!

All NBN HFC and NBN FTTP users are eligible with the Complimentary Speedboost, users on other NBN technology such as NBN FTTN are not eligible, this is on NBNCo's limitation.

Regards,

Is there any way to get this trial or is it pot luck on who gets an invite. Have been a TPG customer for over 20yrs and would be nice to get a little something for loyalty.....

gads83
Level 2

Thanks Shane. I'm on FTTP but haven't recieved an email or any notification. I am using the supplied TPG modem is this an issue?