Home Wireless

angela789
Level 2

I have been having issues with 4G connection for over 20 days. Today TPG wanted me to switch from my Home Wireless to NBN with a land line. But if would cost me an additional $15/ month. They did not even offer to re-imburse the monthly fees charged for September even after I had no internet service. And now they want me to switch to NBN just because they cannot provide an explanation for the drop in service. Unacceptable. Never received an apology. Very poor customer service.

9 REPLIES 9
Rica_R

Hi @angela789,

Can you send us a private message with your TPG account details? We want to go over a few things that might help you. Thanks!

How do I private message (PM) in the community? - https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093/highli...

angela789
Level 2

I have now lodged a complaint to the Ombudsman. Still no positive outcome from TPG. No one has apologised for the inconvenience. I have requested a refund for the September fees paid due to loss of connection. Nothing. 

Ahra_G

We're sorry to hear that you have chosen to escalate your concern externally, @angela789

We'd appreciate if you can provide the reference number via PM so we can reach out to the Case Manager assigned. As a consumer, you will still be required to coordinate with us directly in order to resolve your complaints. 

angela789
Level 2

The option to PM does not work. Yes TPG has been aproached and in discussion from Mid September. I have made over 15 calls to TPG. Please check your records. Thank you. BTW still no apology or solution from TPG

angela789
Level 2

I have an open Ombudsman complaint in relation to TPG-4G connection which needs to be resolved by 18/10/22. I have been having issues since mid September. A Snr. Technician called me on 10/10/22 (after having 5 tickets lodged and over 20 calls) that the issue maybe due a faulty modem. This is after 3 weeks of giving me all sorts of excuses for the disruption in service. A new modem will be ordered and that my bill for September will be credited. Today 12/10/22 TPG sends me the invoice to debit my bank account for September. No Creidt / No Apology. Still no 4G connection. Please do not ask me to send a PM- This has caused so much of anxiety and mental stress.

BasilDV

We apologise for the inconvenience @angela789.

We'll chase this with your case manager and have him to call you to discuss further the case.

BasilDV

mcrimp53
Level 2

I went the other way i.e. home NBN to Wifi and the speed is totally unacceptible and unuseable at 0.5Mbps after being promised 20Mbps. NBN was 1 to 2 Mbps before changing to wifi and only just bareable sometimes. Good luck it appears there is a lot of corporate buckpassing gobbledegook trying to keep customers using their substandard network.   

and1628opm
Level 3
similar situation here.
just wishing have read posts like this before switching.

They cut my existing Internet off and unknown when the new modem will arrive...
and1628opm
Level 3
similar experience here.
the Home Wireless is pretty much unusable, like can't even send emails or go to general websites...