TPG Community

Get online support

Horrible speeds on home wireless 4g.

JordanJD
Level 3
Hi Basil,
After my most recent bill it seems my internet speeds are not close to as advertised.
I'm nearly doing 1mbps DL and .4 upload.

I have done significant trouble shooting across devices and my suspicion is some sort of ISP internet throttling. Is that possible on a 4g connection? Could you reset your side so I can run speed test to.see if return to as advertised.
Cheers
JD
8 REPLIES 8
BasilDV

Hi @JordanJD

Thanks for raising this with us.

Since you've already performed some troubleshooting, we'd like to raise this with our senior technicians for further assessment.

Please send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted tomorrow.

BasilDV

JordanJD
Level 3
Hi Basil.
With respect, tpg have the worst phone call operators on planet earth. Hence my asking on forum as the optimum (for my time and mental anguish).

I am below 1mbps today, with significant dropout.
Can you advise anything in the area, reset the connection, or suggest alternatives. Home network is 100% it is absolutely the signal to outside over the 4g.
I have relocated and rebooted the modem several times.

Please advise.
JordanJD
Level 3

Hi Basil, As followup today my highest speed test with only a single device on the network was as below. 

It is fair to say that this is underperforming. 

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/ad35dd60-5df2-11ec-86f5-d139707ed243

Please advise. 

JordanJD
Level 3

I can take a call at anytime of the day, If i do not answer, then perhaps try again the following hour. 

I won't be at home however to cycle the router, as I have shifted to the office as the signal makes working in the house non functional. 

Cheers

JD

JordanJD
Level 3
http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/67ce1ed0-5e57-11ec-baee-d9fec1f87287

Hi Tpg.
Tonight's speed test.
0.5mbps.

Any thing happening your side.
Shane

Hey @JordanJD,

Basil is not available today, I'd love to take over your concern about the connection speed. Send me your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) so we can proceed with initial assessment.

Regards,

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/67ce1ed0-5e57-11ec-baee-d9fec1f87287

Hi Tpg.
Tonight's speed test.
0.5mbps.

Any thing happening your side.
JordanJD
Level 3
Hi Shane,
You would certainly have those details on file.
Your team had scheduled a 9am call.
It's now 945.
I have listed details repeatedly.
The tech yesterday said they could access the modem remotely.
Please do so.

Losing patience rapidly.
Please add a credit to the account for the week of outage.
Call my phone when your team have organized.

Please list this with you complaints department, not against yourself but just the general hopelessness of customer service!

Cheers
Ahra_G

Apologies for the lack of contact received as expected, @JordanJD

It appears that the issue is now raised to our Engineering team for further investigation. 

Our Network team has advised that some customers may experience connection issues to due to a Network upgrade. 

Updates will be provided where possible. 

-Ahra_G