Horrible speeds

SOLVED Go to solution
jatls
Level 3

Yep. Same thing on my end too.

jatls
Level 3

Looking at speeds again today, they are back to being insanely slow for overseas servers. It would be good to get a permanent solution for this issue.

Shane

Hi @jatls,

I ran an initial test to the service it shows the modem/router has been connected for more than a month (4weeks 5d 23h 3m). Run a speed test now to get the speed of the service then reboot the modem for 3-5mins and perform another speed test once the modem re-establish the connection.

Let's see how it will go.

Regards,

Looking at speeds again today, they are back to being insanely slow for overseas servers. It would be good to get a permanent solution for this issue.

jatls
Level 3

Reset looks to have fixed things up. Let's hope it holds.

Shane

I suggest to reboot the modem/router at least once a week, by doing this the modem/router maintains stable connection and speed to our network.

Regards,

Reset looks to have fixed things up. Let's hope it holds.

jatls
Level 3
Or download constantly so the link doesn't go stale? :-P
jatls
Level 3

Back again. Same issue.

Reset the connection twice tonight to try to fix this as previously advised. No change.

Would be nice to get an actual solution here.

BasilDV

Hi @jatls

To make it easier for us to identify the exact nature of the problem, we'd be asking you to conduct a series of tests with your network.
Please run these test twice for comparison, one in the morning and another in the evening.
Please take your time into conducting these tests and just send them via PM so we could forward it to our Network Engineers.

I. CONTINUOUS PING:

To conduct a continuous ping, ensure that none of your other PCs are doing internet activity.

• Open up the command prompt of one of your PCs.
  • Then kindly conduct ping tests to the following:

Modem Gateway (depending on the make&model of the modem, example: 192.168.1.1)
            Command: ping 192.168.1.1 -n 1000
            TPG website: tpg.com.au
            Command: ping tpg.com.au -n 1000

Wait for the test to finish and for the PING STATISTICS, found at the end, to show up.
    Just send us a screenshot or a copy of the PING STATISTICS to this email.

II. TRACEROUTE

To conduct a trace route,

• On your command prompt, type "tracert <URL of website>".

TPG website
            Command: tracert tpg.com.au

Wait for the traceroute to finish and take a screenshot of the results.

III. SPEED TESTS:

• For speed tests, please run the speed tests at the TPG website, found here:  http://www.tpg.com.au/support/speed_test.php  (Also, run the test via Speedtest.net)
  • Please just get a screenshot after the test is complete.
  • Please don't forget to indicate the timestamps for these tests

BasilDV