TPG Community

Get online support

How to cancel my NBN contract

vinrags10
Level 2

I switched to the NBN three days ago, used to be on your Broadband plan which gives a peak of 05MBPS on a good day and I have to watch netflix by streaming though my tablet that has an Optus connection.

Switched to NBN and the fastest speed I have had is 5.8MBPS, and the slowest 0.04MBPS, your service in the Wellington Point area is past a joke.

I am sick of telling friends and family who come over that I cant share my internet password as it barely works.

Thought the NBN50 would be an improvement as the node is barely 200mtrs away in a straight line and  it was connected to my house via an old foxtel optical fibre line that was laid years ago and isnt being used. 

This service is atrocious , I understand why you ask us to waive the service guarantee while taking on a contract...because the service doesnt exist. How do I cancel, I have asked my neighbours and they get decent speeeds with Telstra and the others have opted for a wireless connection that is comparable in price and they can actually fast forward Netflix which I havent been able to do in the 6+ years I have been with TPG, enough said, attached my speed test on Ookla from this morning - Congratulations...you guys just hit a new low, 0.04MBPS speed on a NBN50 line, this after I shut down and restarted the connection as it used to sometimes give me an extra 0.5 MBPS when I used to have broadband.

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @vinrags10,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We welcome the opportunity to turn your experience around and would be more than happy to take a look at your service.

We've tested the line, but was not able to detect any fault within the NBN network. We've reset your connection remotely to refresh your service.

Are you able to check if the speed is still low? Also, can you run the test via Wired/Direct connection to the modem in order to compare and narrow down the issue?

In case it is still giving you a slow speed, please send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted by our Senior tech team to further check on your service.

Regards,

BasilDV