How to change IP

SOLVED Go to solution
bpayne80
Level 2

Hey, I just want to know if it is possible to change my IP address, because I am currently permanently IP banned on instagram, and because I use Instagram frequently, I would like to change my IP so I could access it again. I heard I could possibly pay you guys to change it for me? I would appreciate this a lot, thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Angeli

Hi @bpayne80

All of our NBN residential plans comes with a dynamic IP address. Thus, your request to change it is not possible. 

View solution in original post

david64
Level 15

Hi @bpayne80 . You can get a new ip address by restarting the router. It is still a dynamic address and could encounter problems elsewhere.

It is strange instagram would ban the address permanently. Ultimately, they could ban the entire ipv4 address space. Addresses should be banned for a specific time, eg. week or month.

Dynamic ip addresses should last for some weeks, until, say, a blackout or NBN maintenance.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Angeli

Hi @bpayne80

What type of service do you have with us? 

bpayne80
Level 2

NBN50

Angeli

Is it residential or business plan? 

bpayne80
Level 2

Residential

Angeli

Hi @bpayne80

All of our NBN residential plans comes with a dynamic IP address. Thus, your request to change it is not possible. 

david64
Level 15

Hi @bpayne80 . You can get a new ip address by restarting the router. It is still a dynamic address and could encounter problems elsewhere.

It is strange instagram would ban the address permanently. Ultimately, they could ban the entire ipv4 address space. Addresses should be banned for a specific time, eg. week or month.

Dynamic ip addresses should last for some weeks, until, say, a blackout or NBN maintenance.

Mr_Bread
Level 2
None of these replies seem to be a solution to the problem presented by bpayne80. I have a similar problem and tried rebooting my modem/router several times. My public IP address changed but my unjustified ban from a chat website continues. I believe there is commercially available software which can track visitors' IPs, computer IDs & visitor IP address changes. So, this sort of software may be being used by these websites to negate IP address changes. The best explanation of this topic I have found is https://www.tracemyip.org/ Any real solution from the techxperts would be gratefully received.
david64
Level 15

Hi @Mr_Bread . 

When you access the chat website, does the browser tab just close, or is there a message saying why you are banned?
Does it say how to get unbanned?
It might be banning any IP address it determines belongs to TPG. What happens if you use mobile data or a friend’s non-TPG internet connection?
Do you signin to the website using a special username? Can you create another username?
Can you create a non-administrator username on your computer, then logon to your computer using the new name. (The website might be able to query the local username on your computer.)
Can you use a VPN to access the chat website? It would see an IP address owned by the VPN server. (The article you mention has info about using a VPN.)

Mr_Bread
Level 2

Thanks @david64 for your reply. I will answer your questions as best as I can below.

Q. 1. When you access the chat website, does the browser tab just close, or is there a message saying why you are banned? A: After accepting the t's and c's and clicking "confirm & continue" the usual chat screen opens and my web cam turns on but immediately a Banned message takes over the tab stating "You have been banned from Omegle due to possible terms of service violations by you, or someone else using your computer or network." I have emailed Omegle asking for an explanation but have not received a reply. I've been banned temporarily in the past but this appears to be permanent.

Q. 2.  Does it say how to get unbanned? A: No.

Q. 3.  It might be banning any IP address it determines belongs to TPG. What happens if you use mobile data .........? A: If I use my phablet using TPG mobile data, I can access the chat and I'm not banned but it's not very satisfactory. It does not work great on mobile.

Q. 4. Do you signin to the website using a special username? Can you create another username? A: No to both.

Q. 5. Can you create a non-administrator username on your computer, then logon to your computer using the new name? A: I don't know how to do this. When I boot up the PC, my wife and my names come up but we do not need a password to signin. In Windows 10 Settings: Your Info, it shows our names, Local Account, Administrator.

Q. 6. Can you use a VPN to access the chat website? A: I have not tried using a VPN proxy server. I understand there are risks and costs involved. Can you suggest a good one?