TPG Community

Get online support

Huawei hg658 cable error

SOLVED Go to solution
Cam1
Level 2
Noticed FTTN speeds being slow yesterday & occasional drop out. Come home today to no phone or internet & “Cable error[8180]” when going into the modem management page.
Do I need to sit on my mobile or can TPG see an error from their end?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Riezl

Hi @Cam1 , we'll see how it goes and if the issue persists, feel free to send us a private message with your TPG account details so we can check further.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Cam1
Level 2
And suddenly after almost 4 hours down, it’s back & at a decent speed.
Did a NBN hamster kick a plug out somewhere?
Riezl

Hi @Cam1 , we'll see how it goes and if the issue persists, feel free to send us a private message with your TPG account details so we can check further.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Cam1
Level 2
PM sent Smiley Sad
Cam1
Level 2
Looks like it’s been down since 13:00
Shane

Hi @Cam1,

Thanks for sending us your details, I was able to locate the account and confirm a possible line fault affecting the service. Please confirm your best contact number and preferred time.

We'll raise this to our Engineering Team for investigation and assessment, updates will be provided via SMS or Phone call when it becomes available.

Regards,

Looks like it’s been down since 13:00
Cam1
Level 2
Thanks - I got the SMS but have replied with a preferred alternate day, though I have other options that would suit if the tech is available.
Shane

We're glad to know that @Cam1, expect our Engineers to contact you for new updates with the appointment schedule based on your preferred date. 

Cheers!

Thanks - I got the SMS but have replied with a preferred alternate day, though I have other options that would suit if the tech is available.
Cam1
Level 2
Do “possible line faults” often rectify themselves?
Just got this message:
“TPG: ######## : Our monitoring shows the service quality has now improved and up to standard. Ticket has now been closed…”
BasilDV

Hi @Cam1

We've checked the updates from NBN Co and it shows that they weren't able to detect any issue within the network, which is why the case was closed.

The connection shows that it's been stable. Please observe it and let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV