TPG Community

Get online support

I had TPG FTTP connected today but the speed is slow

SOLVED Go to solution
rollington
Level 2
I'm only getting around 106mbps on TPG speed test. I am on 450mbps plan. I have a TP-Link AX 20 router. The WiFi reception shouldn't be a problem.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rollington
Level 2
Many thanks to those who replied providing help. It's all fixed now. I rang TPG customer support. I had to reset my router and they restarted my NBN fibre modem on their side. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
alanguide
Level 7

Anything on Ethernet? What are the speeds like for it/them?

rollington
Level 2
I tried an ethernet cable (I don't know what type or cat) from my laptop to the router. Earlier I did a Google speed test and got 60mbps. I did one about 2 hours ago and it went at 4mbps. Upload speed is going around the 40mbps advertised speed. I notice the download and upload speeds do fluctuate. The speed isn't constant like my previous plan which I think was FTTC 100mbps plan.
BasilDV

Hi @rollington 

Can you check the QoS or Bandwidth control if it's enabled? 

If yes, try to change the value or disable it, then test the speed afterwards.

If it's still not giving the correct speed, please send us a private message with your account details for further checking.

BasilDV

rollington
Level 2
Many thanks to those who replied providing help. It's all fixed now. I rang TPG customer support. I had to reset my router and they restarted my NBN fibre modem on their side. Thanks again.
alanguide
Level 7

@rollington wrote:

Great to hear of a positive outcome.