TPG Community

Get online support

I have been barred from sending out my emails

michael1
Level 3

Suudenly, I have been accused of abuse so I cannot send out any emails.

I changed my password as advised but still have my outcoming emails rejected but they will go out if I go through TPG on the web.  What will I do now?

This is the error message I continually get:

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's email address. The sender's email address was 'sobb@tpg.com.au'.

Subject 'Test'
Server Error: 535
Server Response: 535 5.7.8 [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User sobb@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse
Server: 'mail.tpg.com.au'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 587
Secure(SSL): No

Thanks.

19 REPLIES 19
Angeli

Hi @michael1

We'll raise this to our postmaster and feedback will be provided here soon. 

haychis
Level 2

Having same problem. Just happened in last 15 mins.

Angeli

Hi @haychis

Please send us a private message with your TPG email along with the screenshot of error and we'll send it to our postmaster. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

haychis
Level 2

PM has been sent.

haychis
Level 2

Any time frame on this? Business has stopped because emails still cannot be sent.

haychis
Level 2

This has now been fixed. Am able to send out email ok.

I haven't changed anything on my end. Can you advise why I was banned in the first place ? Is there anything I can change on my end to avoid this in the future ?

Angeli

Hi @haychis

The server may identify your account to be sending spam emails which will then block your email account from sending emails. When sending email by batches, give a few minutes of interval before sending another batch.

Here is a TPG community discussion about sending emails by bulk which you may be interested to check out: https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/Bulk-mail/td-p/33526 

HTran
Level 2

I have the same problem.

Receive emails in Outlook but outgoing mails sitting in Outbox. I still can use TPG post office to send mails out

Tried to change password a couple of times. It worked but then not working again.

I emailed the postmaster@tpg.com.au but had  no repsonse.

Please help

Angeli

Hi @HTran

We've sent a follow up to our postmaster and we'll be in touch when an update becomes available. 

Regards, 

Angeli