TPG Community

Get online support

Infuriating email failure

alanguide
Level 7

Yesterday I sent a critical email ordering from my pharmacy. It did not arrive. I forwarded a copy to them, and one of the emails eventually arrived hours later.

I have just received an emailed  delivery status notification from Mail Delivery System <MAILER-DAEMON@rpt-glb-asav6.external.tpg.com.au>, saying 'The following message was undeliverable. The reason for the problem 5.1.0 Unknown address error 533 Envelope sender [my email address] rejected'. Both the pharmacy and myself are fully valid addresses. Notification many hours late of course. I hope this is not a sign of what is to come. I also hope mods will look into this, pass it to the relevant competent person at TPG and report. I like many others utterly rely on my email, and I opted to migrate to TMC in good faith that it would be seamless. Readers: please only press 'Like' if you are having similiar issues

6 REPLIES 6
Ahra_G

Hi @alanguide,

If your email address has been transferred to TMC, we recommend reaching out to the team via this link: https://support.themessaging.co/hc/en-au

Let us know if we can be of further help. 

-Ahra_G

qak
Level 3
Level 3

If your email address has been transferred to TMC,

I had the same issue today with an email I sent from tpg to my own domain name email. No issue receiving any other email to that address.

I have "opted in" to TMC, but was of the understanding it hasn't been transferred to TMC yet - how would we know? When I log in to webmail it looks the same as TPG but with an extra TMC logo.

alanguide
Level 7

Hello @Ahra-G

Thanks for prompt reply, and the helpful link.

I reached out to TMC and they have confirmed that I am not yet migrated.
I would very much appreciate it if you would report this problem of bouncing emails to the relevant TPG department. I have triple checked that the email  was correctly sent. Over 24 hours is far too long to get a bounce, and a bounce was completely inappropriate anyway!

A poster in the TPG forum on Whirlpool reports an identical problem.

sprajc1
Level 2

I have the same issue. What's going on?

jonesty
Level 2

I'm having the same issue and it's super annoying. I've also been getting 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'#5.1.0 Address rejected.' in the delivery failure message, even though the recipient address is valid. TPG need to fix this ASAP.

alanguide
Level 7

Considering that only a few TPG customers  come to this excellent resource, I think it is safe to assume that this is a real and widespread problem affecting many.

As the excellent mods here are TPG employees, it would be good to hear that one (or more) of them has passed these fault reporis on to the relevant departrment so that action can be taken.