TPG Community

Get online support

Install failed of NBN Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (NBN HFC)

Leonard_zhu
Level 2

The NBN technology type in my area is NBN HFC, so the cabling from the 'F-Type' wall connector (HFC installation) to the street and the wider telecommunications network is the responsibility of the carrier( according to https://www.acma.gov.au/Industry/Suppliers/Regulatory-arrangements/Telecommunications-customer-equip...). Now the problem is the NBN only set an NBN connection point in my unit's communication board, but not further connect to my premise's coaxial wall socket. The NBN technician told me to hire a private electrician to do the internal cabling work. However, I don't want to move the wall socket position on my premises and I don't need to do the internal cabling work because is not the responsibility of the customer. So how could I do with this problem?  

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @Leonard_zhu

Welcome to the Community! 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

For premises with existing Pay TV or Cable Broadband network, nbnTM will utilise existing cabling from previous Cable Broadband or Pay TV service and if you’d like your installation done in a particular way - there may be associated charges in some circumstances.

I'll raise this concern to our Provisioning Team to further check the report of the installer and see what really needs to be done to have the service activated. 

I'll organise a contact to be made today between 5PM - 6PM AEST. Should you have another preferred time to be contacted, feel free to let us know. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Leonard_zhu
Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I think the premise has a Foxtel cable connected to the wall socket, although I never apply for a Pay TV service.  And I also see many NBN service separate boxes in the main communication board, which are connected to the cable from the street. However, the Foxtel cable isn't been connected with the NBN cable. I think this is the main issue, which needs to be solved. 

Regards,

Di 

Riezl

Hi @Leonard_zhu, our Provisioning Team tried to contact you, but to no avail, Please PM us your best contact number and most convenient time to receive a call so we can organise a callback.

We'll also forward your message to the team.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community - TPG Community

Ahra_G

Hi @Leonard_zhu

I understand that one of our Case Managers has contacted you and advised you of the status of the installation. We're hopeful that the installation of the service will be completed on 01 June 2019. 

Should you have further queries or requires assistance, feel free to reach out to us again.

Regards,

Ahra_G