TPG Community

Get online support

Installation not completing despite equipment in place

SOLVED Go to solution
gibsoncx
Level 3
I've already completed the account creation and payment process for NBN, received and connected the modem, so everything is in place - but the "Internet" light doesn't come on, and if I check the TPG site, the installation status is stuck at "we're working hard" etc

This hasn't progessed since 22 January, and any time I call TPG I'm put on hold for periods of an hour plus. It appears the only people I can get through to is an initial 'triage' person who verifies my details then shunts the call to the infinite muzak line.

Is this normal TPG "service"?

Is it normal for TPG to take so long to just activate the service?

Is there any way to actually speak to someone at the company to simply find out why the service hasn't been switched on?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @gibsoncx

We'll forward this to our NBN service delivery team and have a case manager to check this with NBN Co.

Thank you.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

gibsoncx
Level 3
Hi @BasilDV,

The service is now live.

Thank you for assisting with this, I appreciate the polite and responsive approach you've taken here, particularly given how unhappy I've been trying to resolve issues by phone.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
BasilDV

Hi @gibsoncx

Welcome to the Community!

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused and will chase this with our NBN service delivery team for further investigation.

A Case manager will be in touch with you via SMS or phone call as soon as an update becomes available.

Stay safe.

BasilDV

gibsoncx
Level 3
Thanks Basil, appreciate the reply!

I was able to speak to telephone support finally this morning, and they believe the problem is because a tenant's previous service via another ISP is still "live".

What doesn't add up though is that they had already identified the same issue on 22 January - we provided copy of lease at that time to demonstrate we own the property, and the TPG team said that was fine and service should be active within 24-48 hours.

But nothing has progressed since then.

Appreciate any help in resolving it!
BasilDV

Hi @gibsoncx

A case manager tried to call you today to no avail.

They are still waiting for the update from NBN Co to transfer the service to us.

Further updates will be given by your case manager as soon as it becomes available.

BasilDV

gibsoncx
Level 3
Yes we picked up the voicemail but didn't have enough time left to call again.

Thanks for the further update - I realise it's been complicated by the need to get rid of the existing account, but TBH all I really wanted was some reassurance it's progressing - so thank you for jumping on this. Very much appreciated.
gibsoncx
Level 3
Hi @BasilDV,

Is it possible to find out some more information about the likely resolution time for this?

The TPG case manager told me this requires NBN to action terminating the previous account on my line. I understand that, but from a customer standpoint it still leaves me with no timeline for resolution, or even an estimate.

This has become an urgent and stressful problem for me as I need the line active to work remotely in a new job.

For context, I placed the order 16th Jan, and it's now 3rd Feb.

Appreciate any info on when I'm likely to have a service.

Thanks very much.
gibsoncx
Level 3
Hi @BasilDV,

Looks like yet another day passing with no update from case manager, no response here, and no timeframe for resolution.

How can I find out what's happening with the activation?

Is the case manager actually following this up with NBN?

Can I talk to anyone at TPG who will do anything to resolve this or give any meaningful response?

I literally need this line active to do my job. The modem is sitting there plugged in and waiting. It's now 4th February.

Appreciate if TPG can provide some information.
BasilDV

Hi @gibsoncx

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

We'll chase this with our NBN Provisioning team and have a case manager call you between 3PM - 4PM today.

BasilDV

gibsoncx
Level 3

Hi @BasilDV,

I called support in the meantime.  It was one of the most unpleasant experiences I've had with a service provider.  The upshot is:

1.  I'm now being told that TPG can do nothing to progress the activation until a third party (Internode) confirms permission from their customer.  This is not what TPG has been saying the past two weeks.  

2.  I believe the individual concerned is the estranged ex-partner of my ex-tenant, who wasn't even a party to the now-terminated lease.  Because I've been told he is uncontactable, I asked the case manager how this situation can be unlocked.  Her answer was effectively that TPG can't do anything except wait.  

3.  As that's completely unworkable, I asked for the call to be escalated, which resulted in the case manager becoming rude and aggressive.  She repeatedly refused to escalate the call, (including when I asked to make a complaint), on the basis that the call 'had already been escalated' and that nobody would be able to help me - including the 'President or CEO of TPG' (who I certainly hadn't asked to speak to). 

4. After finally agreeing to escalate the call, the case manager said her manager was at lunch and would call back.  I understand another representative did call back ~2 hours later, spoke to my father in law, and gave much the same "we can do nothing" response.

5. It's now the evening of 4th February, I have no internet, no timeframe, and no meaningful help from TPG. 

Request:

How can TPG help to progress this situation to get an outcome, rather than waiting indefinitely for a chain of other people to try to contact someone with zero legal status or rights in connection with my property?  

- I am the legal owner and the occupier of my house. 

- TPG has entered a contract with me to provide NBN broadband service, and taken payment from me.

- I urgently need the internet to do my job.

- I have spent two weeks now following this up, only to waste a huge amount of time sitting on hold, searching for information, posting here, being told changing information, and - as of today - being treated in an astonishingly rude manner which seems completely incompatible with any form of basic customer service or civility.

BasilDV

Hi @gibsoncx

Our sincerest apologies for your experience.

However, based on the report from our NBN Service delivery team, the previous account holder did not request to terminate the account and still paying the third party provider.

This means that the account is still active, which is why we can't proceed with the installation.

We understand that you need the service, but we can't progress the order unless the said account became inactive/cancelled.

We'll make sure that this case is being monitored and updates will be given as soon as it becomes available.

BasilDV