Welcome to the Community!
We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused and will chase this with our NBN service delivery team for further investigation.
A Case manager will be in touch with you via SMS or phone call as soon as an update becomes available.
A case manager tried to call you today to no avail.
They are still waiting for the update from NBN Co to transfer the service to us.
Further updates will be given by your case manager as soon as it becomes available.
I called support in the meantime. It was one of the most unpleasant experiences I've had with a service provider. The upshot is:
1. I'm now being told that TPG can do nothing to progress the activation until a third party (Internode) confirms permission from their customer. This is not what TPG has been saying the past two weeks.
2. I believe the individual concerned is the estranged ex-partner of my ex-tenant, who wasn't even a party to the now-terminated lease. Because I've been told he is uncontactable, I asked the case manager how this situation can be unlocked. Her answer was effectively that TPG can't do anything except wait.
3. As that's completely unworkable, I asked for the call to be escalated, which resulted in the case manager becoming rude and aggressive. She repeatedly refused to escalate the call, (including when I asked to make a complaint), on the basis that the call 'had already been escalated' and that nobody would be able to help me - including the 'President or CEO of TPG' (who I certainly hadn't asked to speak to).
4. After finally agreeing to escalate the call, the case manager said her manager was at lunch and would call back. I understand another representative did call back ~2 hours later, spoke to my father in law, and gave much the same "we can do nothing" response.
5. It's now the evening of 4th February, I have no internet, no timeframe, and no meaningful help from TPG.
How can TPG help to progress this situation to get an outcome, rather than waiting indefinitely for a chain of other people to try to contact someone with zero legal status or rights in connection with my property?
- I am the legal owner and the occupier of my house.
- TPG has entered a contract with me to provide NBN broadband service, and taken payment from me.
- I urgently need the internet to do my job.
- I have spent two weeks now following this up, only to waste a huge amount of time sitting on hold, searching for information, posting here, being told changing information, and - as of today - being treated in an astonishingly rude manner which seems completely incompatible with any form of basic customer service or civility.
Our sincerest apologies for your experience.
However, based on the report from our NBN Service delivery team, the previous account holder did not request to terminate the account and still paying the third party provider.
This means that the account is still active, which is why we can't proceed with the installation.
We understand that you need the service, but we can't progress the order unless the said account became inactive/cancelled.
We'll make sure that this case is being monitored and updates will be given as soon as it becomes available.