TPG Community

Get online support

Intenet Not Available (when raining) but landline through TPG still working.

colo19
Level 3

After nearly 18 months almost trouble free, last weekend a NBN technician was interfereing with the pit on our FTTN system. He said a previous technician had cut off the people further down the dead end street.

Since then, once we get some rain we have the internet appear and disappear every couple of minutes. The landline remains functional. Using Pingtools I can watch our IP address with TPG appear and disappear.

We are in for a wet summer so I can expect this to continue unless NBN fixes the issue.

If the weather fines up we are OK again and the TPG engineers say "problem resolved" which it is not until the NBN pinpoints why the internet is not remaining connected even though the landline is.

Can this be chased up with the NBN? It is not a problem from my modem to the devices on wifi. Ethernet connections from the modem are also affected.

An inspection of the pit with the  tangle of wires in their closed container showed no moisture in that area and the pit is quite deep so it would not flood but these wires are only squeezed together, not soldered when a connection is made.

Screenshot shows the disconnected service.

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @colo19

I have found your account using your Community details and have seen that you are subscribed to the NBN FTTN service. With this type of technology, speeds are affected due to the infrastructure limitation of the legacy copper network. 

I realised that your speed  and connection is not stable and this matter has already been raised to our Engineering team for investigation. Please esnure to leave your modem connected and turned on for remote testing purposes. 

Updates will be provided via phone call or SMS where possible. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

colo19
Level 3

This morning we have had a lot of rain overnight and the internet is still working. I will update if we strike problems again. So far I don't think there is any problem on our premises, it is most likely and NBN problem between us and the node which is 0.7km away.

Many thanks for looking into this.

Ahra_G

No worries, @colo19.

I've also detected that your internet is connected for almost 2 days now.

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our self-help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

To help manage your TPG services on the go, you may download our TPG Mobile App on this link: tpg.com.au/services/tpg-app

Cheers! 

Ahra_G