TPG Community

Get online support

Intermittent internet since 29/10/21

retroseamstress
Level 2

We've usually had very good internet here, but after the high winds in Melbourne on 29/10/21 we've been experiencing intermittant loss of internet that has become more frequent. While there was no damage at our property, there were a number of trees that came down in the area that resulted in power outages. We knew that there would be some issues as these were fixed, but the problem seems to be getting worse rather than better.

When we check the NBN connection device it has all the lights on, indicating it is connected, but there is no internet. Our wifi router seems to be working fine as both wifi and LAN connections are working, but not getting any internet. If we unplug or reset the NBN box it seems to restore the internet connection for a bit. However this morning it has dropped out several times already. We've tried resetting the router as well, but it doesn't seem to affect the internet connection. We've checked all the cables and connections and can't see anything obvious. The drop outs most commonly occur in the morning and in the evening, which I'm guessing may be peak traffic times. 

Another odd this is that when I run a speedcheck on my phone (while connected to the wifi, not mobile data) during this loss of internet, it often returns a ping of ~100ms but then has 0 for both download and upload. Then a minute or so later it fails to get a ping. Not sure if that info helps troubleshoot the problem.

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @retroseamstress

We advise customers to check if their service is affected by an outage here: How to Check for NBN Network Outage and TPG service status.

If there's no outage in your area, please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you further and for us to check the status of your service.

Regards,

Ahra_G