TPG Community

Get online support

Internet connection keeps dropping out

Wh1t3_rabbit
Level 2
We are on FTTN and have the tp-link VR1600V.

Since approximately last Friday (11th Nov) our internet connection has been dropping out rather constantly.

On Saturday it would drop out almost every half-hour or hour. For one period it remained up for 3 hours, then went back to disconnecting. There is no regularity to the disconnects.

It will be always reconnect straight away (takes 3 to 5 minutes) but then I've witnessed it disconnect again within 30 seconds sometimes.

Have checked for NBN outages in my area and nothing listed. Nothing on TPG outages either.

Tried restarting modem. Tried factory resetting modem. No improvement.

One thing I've noticed strange is when checking the system log there is a lot of VOIP entries, sometimes "couldn't find device for you incoming call". But as far as I know we don't have any VOIP on our account, I thought it was internet only. We don't have any phones connected.

How can I get this resolved?
2 REPLIES 2
Ahra_G

Hi @Wh1t3_rabbit

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

Send in your TPG username or customer ID via PM so we can run tests on your service. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Wh1t3_rabbit
Level 2

Hi @Ahra_G 

My PC is connected by ethernet so it is not a wifi specific issue. Checking the logs on the rotuer shows the message "dsl link down" when it drops.

I did post a message with the log from Saturday but it seems it was removed.

I will send a pm now with customer number.

Thanks