TPG Community

Get online support

Internet constant drop outs

Daniel-
Level 3
Hi TPG Support,

My internet has been dropping in and out for the past 4 hours. Even after restarting the modem from the switch at the back and a hard reset, there are still constant drop outs. Can't load any pages at all.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
22 REPLIES 22
Shane

Hey, @Daniel,

We got you, lets get to the bottom of this. Could you send us a PM with your details so we can proceed with the initial investigation.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi TPG Support,

My internet has been dropping in and out for the past 4 hours. Even after restarting the modem from the switch at the back and a hard reset, there are still constant drop outs. Can't load any pages at all.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Ahra_G

We understand how busy a day can be, @Daniel-! Smiley Happy 

Could you let us know what are the basic troubleshooting you've done so far? 

Daniel-
Level 3
Hi Ahra,

Just the usual reset of the modem. There wasn't much I can do. The internet LED light would switch on and off. It happened again last night at 8:48pm but it regained after a minute or so. It is still annoying especially when gaming.
Daniel-
Level 3
Hi Ahra,

Just adding, the internet was also going in and out this morning around 7:30. Internet LED was still on but streams would stop loading, cannot load other websites.

Seems to be a pattern around this time and around 9pm.
BasilDV

Hi @Daniel-

We are not able to detect any issues within the line, but we've refreshed the connection from your NBN NTD box.

Please observe your service if it's still going to drop. Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

Daniel-
Level 3
Hi Basil,

Thank you so much. I will observe the next couple of days and let you know!

Enjoy the rest of your day!
BasilDV

You're welcome, @Daniel-.

Have a great day as well.

BasilDV

Daniel-
Level 3
Hi Basil,

Internet dropped out again at around 10:58pm. Came back on after a minute. The internet and Phone1 LED switched off during that time.

What would you suggest?
BasilDV

HI @Daniel-

When you advised that you've reset the modem/router, do you mean you've factory reset it or just turned off and on?

If you haven't performed the factory reset, you may do it first. Note that performing this will wipe all the changes you've made to the modem configuration and will need to set it again.

BasilDV