TPG Community

Get online support

Internet drops out for hours each day for past month

ashleyrolls
Level 2

Hello,

I have been with TPG for a number of years without any issues. However, this past month the internet has sproadically disconnected itself for 2-3 hours almost everyday. I have reset the modem/NBN box endlessly to no avail. The issue seems to be with the NBN box as the UPSTREAM light flashes the whole time it is disconnected. Even now it's disconnected, and I have to post on my phone for this.

I finally mustered the mental foritutde to phone TPG support recently to be told it was simply an NBN outage and there was nothing to be done. I don't think they quite understood that this is a recurring, almost daily, problem. At this point I believe a technician needs to be involved.

Regards,

Ashley Rolls.

2 REPLIES 2
BasilDV

Hi @ashleyrolls,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Once the account is declared as a part of an outage, we cannot proceed with further testing since there's a current fault being investigated on the NBN network. Due to this, we can't gather evidence if there's an issue with the NBN device (NBN Arris Box) or coaxial line because the results on our tools will be affected by the said outage.

I understand that the outage has been resolved and the service should start working. If the issue on your service reoccur, please let us know and will arrange a call from our Tech team to look into it further.

Shoot me a private message of your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

ashleyrolls
Level 2

I understand that the outage has been resolved and the service should start working. If the issue on your service reoccur, please let us know and will arrange a call from our Tech team to look into it further.

The outage happens everyday at this point. Currently it has been out since 8am until now.

I will send you a PM.