TPG Community

Get online support

Internet drops temporarily

tomlaidlaw01
Level 2

Hi there

I have NBN FTTC.  

My internet regularly drops for a few seconds.  I suspect it has always done this and i have only recently noticed it since installing a VPN, which loses the connection each time the internet is cut. Very annoying to have to log back in each time.  

I installed tracking via Google chrome (results attached) and it drops at very regular intervals for literally 1-6 seconds each time.  (11.48pm, 12.49am, 1.49am, 3.49am, 4.49am, 5.49am etc). 

My computer is connected via ethernet cable to the router so it is not a wifi issue. 

Any tips appreciated. 

Thank you 

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @tomlaidlaw01 ,

Thanks for raising this to us. I would love to help and get to the bottom of this.

Have you tried to isolate the connection without the VPN? If so, how was the connection?

Send me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file). So we can make remote test to the service.

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@tomlaidlaw01 wrote:

Hi there

I have NBN FTTC.  

My internet regularly drops for a few seconds.  I suspect it has always done this and i have only recently noticed it since installing a VPN, which loses the connection each time the internet is cut. Very annoying to have to log back in each time.  

I installed tracking via Google chrome (results attached) and it drops at very regular intervals for literally 1-6 seconds each time.  (11.48pm, 12.49am, 1.49am, 3.49am, 4.49am, 5.49am etc). 

My computer is connected via ethernet cable to the router so it is not a wifi issue. 

Any tips appreciated. 

Thank you