TPG Community

Get online support

Massive latency spikes this past week

ashleyrolls
Level 2

Since the start of this week my internet has been experiencing massive latency spikes and general slow loading of every service/website.

From TPGs own speedtest you can see my ping is 144 without anything else open. My download speed has also halved, and my upload is non existent.

What's going on?

speedtest.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hi @ashleyrolls,

Thanks for raising this to us. I ran an initial test it shows no line fault that could cause slow upload speed. I refreh the connection of the modem/router to our network, please re-run another speed test and let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

Since the start of this week my internet has been experiencing massive latency spikes and general slow loading of every service/website.

From TPGs own speedtest you can see my ping is 144 without anything else open. My download speed has also halved, and my upload is non existent.

What's going on?

speedtest.PNG

ashleyrolls
Level 2

Hi @Shane, the upload seems to be better now.

However, my download is now currently sitting around 5-7mbps. I was routinely hitting the 25mpbs I pay for before this current issue started. 

BasilDV

Hi @ashleyrolls

Thanks for the update.

We checked the account and it shows that the modem/router is getting a good connection speed.

Are you connected via WiFi or Wired connection?

If via WiFi, are you using the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band network?

BasilDV

ashleyrolls
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV @Shane. Wired - Ethernet. 

It was temporarily fixed for a few days. However, it has gone back to being wildly variable. As you can see in the attached speedtests, the ping swings up and down. The upload speed is consistently unusable. The download is either half what it was, or none existent.511.PNG5112.PNG

Shane

Please confirm your best contact number and preferred time tomorrow. We will arrange our Technical Team to contact you for real-time test and investigation.

Regards,

Hi @BasilDV @Shane. Wired - Ethernet. 

It was temporarily fixed for a few days. However, it has gone back to being wildly variable. As you can see in the attached speedtests, the ping swings up and down. The upload speed is consistently unusable. The download is either half what it was, or none existent.511.PNG5112.PNG

ashleyrolls
Level 2

Hi @Shane . 04354XXXXX. After 6pm, either today or weekdays.

Ahra_G

Thanks for confirming, @ashleyrolls.

Call back is all set on 10 November 2021 after 6PM AEDT. 

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our self-help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

To help manage your TPG services on the go, you may download our TPG Mobile App on this link: tpg.com.au/services/tpg-app

Regards,

Ahra_G