TPG Community

Get online support

Internet is not working

SOLVED Go to solution
spiderchon
Level 3
Every time it rains, the Internet got issues. Everything time in the past, it seems to be NBN issue.

Last week keep raining, the Internet has been vey slow and broken. Today I totally loss internet. Could TPG look at it and update me please.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
spiderchon
Level 3
TPG’s action is quick, got a technician to come to NT place to solve the issue. All problem solved. Will monitor the performance to see if it is stable. Thanks a lot TPG.

Please close the ticket. Will log another incident if any issue come up again in future.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Ahra_G

Hi @spiderchon

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.

Remnote tests showed evident drop outs. The issue have been raised now to our Engineering Team for further investigation. Please ensure to leave the modem connected and turned for remote testing purposes. 

Updates will be given via phone call or SMS. 

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

garythomann13
Level 6

Welcome to the NBN Smiley Happy

Would suggest adding your state, suburb and postcode to highlight your issue Smiley Happy

spiderchon
Level 3
Hi, the nbn technician have came today, and relocate the nbn box and modem to the master bedroom as it get better signal for the internet/Wi-Fi. I thought it was ok. However, I now realize actually my landline is in the living room (the original position), so now the landline cannot connect to the modem, so I lost the landline. Do you have any solution? I still need my landline. Thanks.
spiderchon
Level 3
Further, it seems not better. I tried whole night, now I not even get I Wi-Fi in my living room TV, I cannot connect to Netflix. But I can connect to wifi in the bedroom. Before, the relocation the the nbn box and modem, Wi-Fi can reach everywhere of my house. Now, landline is lost, and internet has not improved. Please help.
Shane

Hi @spiderchon,

Thanks for the additional details, we will raise this to our Engineering Team for additional reference on the ongoing investigation. We'd like to set your expectation that the home phone service will only work connected directly to the modem/router's phone port if you wish to use it on a different location we recommend to use long phone cable to reach the place. 

Expect our Engineers to contact you for the updates.

Regards,

Hi, the nbn technician have came today, and relocate the nbn box and modem to the master bedroom as it get better signal for the internet/Wi-Fi. I thought it was ok. However, I now release actually my landline is in the living room (the original position), so now the landline cannot connect to the modem, so I lost the landline. Do you have any solution? I still need my landline. Thanks.
Further, it seems not better. I tried whole night, now I not even get I Wi-Fi in my living room TV, I cannot connect to Netflix. But I can connect to wifi in the bedroom. Before, the relocation the the nbn box and modem, Wi-Fi can reach everywhere of my house. Now, landline is lost, and internet has not improved. Please help.
spiderchon
Level 3
9:30pm
If that is the case, I probably need the nbn box and the modem to set back in the living room, or consider alternatives.

11:10pm
Finally, I can connect living room TV to Wi-Fi, but another tv box (though connected) is extremely slow, picture frozen...

Need to see few more days to see performance.

And need to think of a solution of the landline. Normally, I just use the landline for international call, in memories, my tpg plan included international minutes on the land line. If landline cannot be used, probably need to think of a mobile plan have international minutes. But I want to keep the cost similar. Is tpg can give me some advice on my situations? I have been using tpg for many years, to change to other service provider will only be my last option. Thanks.
spiderchon
Level 3
TPG’s action is quick, got a technician to come to NT place to solve the issue. All problem solved. Will monitor the performance to see if it is stable. Thanks a lot TPG.

Please close the ticket. Will log another incident if any issue come up again in future.
Shane

We're glad to know that the issue is now resolved, @spiderchon. We'll close this ticket, feel free to create a new thread in the event you require assistance or you have questions.

Zhaoan
Level 2

Hi, 

Can you please help me. 

My home internet has not been working since around 2 weeks ago and it is a large hindrance to my work. 

This happens every month and it is very frustrating to have to get in contact this often, especially when it takes ages for someone to reply. Please help me in fixing this issue permanently so that I do not have to get this fixed monthly. I have just pmed you the details. Thank you for helping out.