TPG Community

Get online support

Internet keep drooping

as632408
Level 2
Recently move to new place, this place has very slow internet , once i open laptop internet keep dropping and very slow , cant figured it out
3 REPLIES 3
KarlB

Hi @as632408 

I have checked your service and the service has not dropped in the last 14 hours.

-How often is your service dropping on your end?

-What Speeds are you getting? Please run below speed test and let me know what results you get.

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/

I can also see there is a bit of traffic in your uploads. Can you stop the uploads and retest your service?

Regards,

Karl

as632408
Level 2
My download speed is 8.9 and upload is 0.8, my concern is ,i moved on this address last month , after moving this address my internet is too slow and when i open laptop , it stopped working on Tv youtube and laptop, when i close laptop then only start working on tv youtube . I need to work in laptop but couldnt success , really frustrated , first few minute it works then suddenly stopped working both laptop and tv So what is long term solution, thank u
KarlB

Hi @as632408 

Your on an NBN FTTP service this the better NBN service to be on.

Your speed is fine for your NBN12 plan. If the issue goes away when you close the laptop, I would say you need to work out what is running in the background on your laptop, that maybe uploading and slowing your connection down.

The other thing you could look at would be upgrading your plan to a faster speed.

Regards,

Karl