TPG Community

Get online support

Internet keeps dropping out

SOLVED Go to solution
mathchev
Level 2

Hi I've had reliable service up until last week. I saw a telco worker playing with the NBN boxes on the street and since then my internet drops for a few seconds at a time, all the time. It happens throughout the day. I get dropped off video calls / conferences. I've had zero issues before last week. My ping to the internet is very variable - internal wifi is working fine, good connection speed and low ping.

Could someone from TPG look into this? Thanks

Ahra_G

Hi @mathchev

Welcome to the Community! 

I've managed to locate an account using your Community details and remote test results showed that your modem is connected for almost 2 days; which indicates a stable line.

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection
Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home
Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

If the issue persists, please let us know so we can have our Technical team to contact and assist you.

Regards,

Ahra_G

WhyamIHere
Level 2
This support community sucks. It’s not anyone’s fault but tpg. I literally am getting taken around with all these fake links that lead to no solutions. This service is really annoying and the way it’s all laid out has done nothing but frustrate me more.
Ahra_G

Hi @WhyamIHere

Certainly not the feedback we'd like to receive. 

May we know how we can be of help? 

Please send us your Customer ID or username via private message in order for us to assist you accordingly. 

Thanks! 

whiteknightoz
Level 2

Our NBN drops out numerous times a day but only for 5 minutes or so at a time.  We run a home based business and have 3 internet phones for the office staff that also go down with the internet which is really frustrating and embarressing to explain to clients when they are cut off constantly..

called TPG and they acknowledge that my connection is up and down like a yo-yo and would send someone out.  Guy came out, I wasnt home - he didnt call like he was meant to but said he tested our line and it looks fine and left..  So we are left here with a didgy NBN connection and no-where to go Smiley Sad  

No-one wants to take ownership of the issue...

Riezl

Hi @whiteknightoz , please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help get to the bottom of this.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

andyfitz84
Level 2
Same problem here. have been with TPG for years with no prior issue. Now this is hugely problematic.
BasilDV

Hi @andyfitz84

Thanks for raising this to our attention.

We tried to search for your account using your community details to no avail.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

Andresc1993
Level 2
Hi, I'm facing this problem now. Can anyone help me? Thanks
Shane

Hi @Andresc1993,

Send me your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) so we can proceed with initial investigation and assessment.

Regards,

Hi, I'm facing this problem now. Can anyone help me? Thanks