TPG Community

Get online support

Internet laggy and random disconections after power outage and rain

holdenv
Level 2

My Internet is laggy and random disconections after power outage and rain 2 days ago.

I have tried all the usual stuff reset router and nbn box but still made no difrence.

Have tried to call tpg support 2 times but over 20 mins both times on hold and no one answer.

How can i get help on this or report to tpg ?

5 REPLIES 5
alanguide
Level 7

If by your use of the term 'NBN box' you mean FTTP (full fibre) then rain should make no difference. It certainly did with FTTN, where there was still copper (more particularly joints) in the signal path.

holdenv
Level 2
Is nbn fttn where i am
alanguide
Level 7

The big problem with FTTN is that part of the signal path is copper (the part from the node to you). Copper itself is not the problem; it's the joints in the copper connection. They can be sensitive to moisture and definitely to rain -- in some badly made joints even changes in temperature or vibration. Most of the ex-Telstra copper infrastucture has been there for many decades. The problems you are having may relate to that.

adib_rahmang
Community Manager

Hey @holdenv,

The weather may affect your connection, if you're on FTTN. We'll get on your case and see what we can do. Are you able to send me a private message?

holdenv
Level 2

Will pm you now is fttn