TPG Community

Get online support

Internet not working ADSL

jackbryans321
Level 2
Since we moved in our internet doesn’t reach any of the rooms, even though the furthest room is only 3m from the router and it’s unobstructed
5 REPLIES 5
david64
Level 15

Hi.  Do you mean you can't access the internet or that your mobile devices can't detect the router?  The wifi might be turned off or might need to be enabled in the admin setup.

Does the router have a WLAN/2.4G/5G indicator?

jackbryans321
Level 2
Hi David

Sorry I should have been more specific. The wifi works in the living area but cannot connect to other points of the apartment (which is not that big) or will connect and not function properly ie. drop out/no internet access. I contacted TPG and they sent out a new router but I have switched it and it still doesn’t work. I don’t really want to be paying for internet that can’t be used unless you’re in the same room.
Shane

Hi @jackbryans321,

I would like to clarify when you say the device cannot connect on other location of the apartment do you mean its unable to detect the Wireless Network (WIFI name) ? or it is connected to the Wi-Fi but there is no internet.

To better understand the situation, shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

For reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Since we moved in our internet doesn’t reach any of the rooms, even though the furthest room is only 3m from the router and it’s unobstructed
jackbryans321
Level 2
I have pm’d you Shane
Shane

Hi @jackbryans321,

Thanks for sending me your details and additional information about the issue. I was able to locate the account and ran an initial test, the result shows no line fault and getting a passing speed on the line. 

The dropouts affecting the wireless devices could be caused by Wireless Interference, we did an article about this that you may find helpful.

Please see links below.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

I have pm’d you Shane