TPG Community

Get online support

Internet speeds are very slow

liliangel1975
Level 2

I was advised that when i drop out from exceeding my upload speed i drop out. But when i do, the drop out will affect my speed for nearly a whole month. Apparently the everything will 'return to normal' after it has dropped out. It doesn't.

I haven't dropped out recently and my internet speed is slow, as in very slow. Most internet applications don't work and websites take a minute to load.

I have a NBN standard 12/1 plan, but it feels more like 0.04/0.56 (download / upload from google speedtest.)

Speedtest by Ookla showed my average download/upload to be 6-7 Mbps/ 0.6-0.7 Mbps.

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @liliangel1975,

I reviewed the previous notes when our Tech team called you on 21st of November the service was working fine and it was monitored up to the 25th of November and was informed that it's still working well.

Is the issue that you are experiencing is time specific? Are we using wireless or wired connection?

If wireless, there's a possibility that we are experiencing interference which affects the internet connection. You can try the troubleshooting on this link to resolve the issue.

If wired, try to isolate a device (only 1 device connected) then do a speedtest to eliminate possible heavy bandwidth sharing issue which can cause slow internet speed.

Keep us posted so we can proceed with the next step.

Kind regards,

liliangel1975
Level 2

I am still experiencing very slow internet as of today. The speeds seem to get better as the day progresses but it is still slow. I ran these tests on a wired connection with one device connected, and only speedtest running. It probably may be due to high internet traffic but i am not sure to be honest.

Thanks

BasilDV

Thank you for the information @liliangel1975.

Your current service plan is NBN12. You can post the screenshot of the speedtest for us to check if it's passing or not.

You may consider upgrading to NBN50 as well in case you require more speed. Check our updated plan range on this link.

Kind regards,

liliangel1975
Level 2

The internet speeds have just been really slow, slower than usual. I mean like sometimes the internet would be fine but alot of times its very slow. My main issue is that after i drop out (as in my connection) the internet speed suffers greatly and most websites and applications won't work or takes a long time to load.

I tried to get the speedtest done, i clicked 'Go' it kept saying 'connecting' then back to 'Go' happened like 10 times

BasilDV

Hi @liliangel1975,

Are you able to try the troubleshooting on this link? If not, please try it and provide us the update on what will happen.

In case the issue is happening randomly, you may contact our Technical Support team to help us to resolve the issue. Contact number is 13 14 23 (option 2).

Kind regards,

liliangel1975
Level 2

So i ran the speedtest with no other devices using the internet, and this was the result, one tab open as well.

This is the speed that i am feeling right now. Slow and painful. It has been like this for a few days now.

1.44 upload and 0.65 download.

The speedtest finally worked