TPG Community

Get online support

Issue with TP Link Archer VR1600v

salilk
Level 2

I am having issues with the archer router/modem in my home. It keeps losing connectivity. The green lights on the front keep going off (either all off or just the power on) from time to time. The green lights on the NBN box are always on, so I presume there is no issue with the NBN connection. Should I be looking into replacing the router? Thanks.  

7 REPLIES 7
Ahra_G

Hi @salilk

There are many factors that we need to look into before we conclude if your modem needs replacing or if it is the line that's causing the connection issues.

Best if we can perform troubleshooting along with you. Please confirm your service address via private message so we can proceed in running some tests on your line. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

KK73
Level 2
Hi, I just found this post via a google search. Our modem (White Archer.. not sure of model), also with TPG, just completely had a meltdown tonight.

First, only one green light, no signal.

Reset, etc etc, all lights came back on (6 eventually) and then every single light turned off, which I had never seen before.

It's happened three times since. Very strange. Any ideas at TPG?
BasilDV

Hi @KK73

When you said reset, do you mean factory reset? or just a simple reboot (turn off and on)?

Is the modem/router connected directly to the power outlet or to a power adapter/extension?

BasilDV

StanChan
Level 2

Has this issue been resolved because I have the same issue and like to fix it too.

Stanley

BasilDV

Hi @StanChan

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

BasilDV

StanChan
Level 2

I have replaced the power adapter, restarted the NBN cable modem, power on and off by switching power button, power on and off by unlugging power cable, check all router setting by logging into 192.168.1.1, just stop short of factory resetting router.

Stanley

BasilDV

Hi @StanChan

If you haven't tried to factory reset the modem/router, then please try it first.

Once done and no improvement, kindly send me a PM with your account details.

BasilDV