TPG Community

Get online support

Just moved house and NBN FTTC box not working

Robbiemac27
Level 2
Hi,

I’ve just moved house and whilst organising it with TPG my plan was changed to an FTTB 50 as I am coming from a freestanding house to a townhouse complex

There is only a standard telephone line in my new place, just like my previous place. It seems that I may need to have an FTTC plan, not FTTB…. The NBN box continues to click and the blue lights do not stay solid
5 REPLIES 5
david64
Level 15

Hi @Robbiemac27 . The white NBN box belongs to NBNCo and should have stayed at your previous house.

You can check the type of connection at your townhouse address at  nbnco.com.au.

If it is FTTB, the wifi router's DSL port is connected to the telephone wall socket.

Robbiemac27
Level 2
There’s no DSL port in my house, only a standard telephone line. Have tested the line with only the wifi router plugged in and nothing works. I can only get internet when I have the NBN box connected also.
david64
Level 15

@Robbiemac27 . Did you check your address at  nbnco.com.au?

With FTTB, FTTC, FTTN, the telephone outlet is the DSL outlet.

You said first that the NBN box was clicking. Now you say you have internet access when the NBN box is connected. Which is it?

BasilDV

Hi @Robbiemac27 

We'd like to check on your account further and see what is the correct setup for you.

Just send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

Robbiemac27
Level 2
It’s both. I have internet and the box is clicking.

Don’t worry about trying to help if you’re going to get cranky 😂