TPG Community

Get online support

Less than 1Mbps upload speed on LAN cable

SOLVED Go to solution
apple
Level 2

Hi,

When using the LAN cable, my upload speed ranges between 0 and 1 Mbps. Download speed is as expected which is almost 90Mbps. When using wifi, I don't get the upload speed issue. But since one of my PCs have an old network card, it can't detect 5G, so it only gets around 25Mbps download speed through wifi. I tried all ports of my modem and the upload speed is still less than 1Mbps using LAN cable. I haven't tried with a new cable yet.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @apple 

Welcome to the Community!

We tried to locate your account using your community details to no avail.

Since you are able to get the passing speed via WiFi, then it means that the modem is getting a good connection speed. In order to confirm if there's a fault with the LAN ports on the modem, are you able to try a new cable or a different computer to connect via LAN? 

Once done, please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV

View solution in original post

Shane

Hi @apple,

We're glad to know that you're able to identify the caused of speed issue.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Hi, I tried a different cable and it had the same results. But LAN cable with another computer is working as expected. It seems my computer's network adapter is faulty. Thank you for your help!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @apple 

Welcome to the Community!

We tried to locate your account using your community details to no avail.

Since you are able to get the passing speed via WiFi, then it means that the modem is getting a good connection speed. In order to confirm if there's a fault with the LAN ports on the modem, are you able to try a new cable or a different computer to connect via LAN? 

Once done, please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV

apple
Level 2

Hi, I tried a different cable and it had the same results. But LAN cable with another computer is working as expected. It seems my computer's network adapter is faulty. Thank you for your help!

Shane

Hi @apple,

We're glad to know that you're able to identify the caused of speed issue.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,