TPG Community

Get online support

Lost internet connection for NBN

yanglin65
Level 2

Internet connection was lost around 3pm yesterday on March 3rd Thursday at Seabeach Avenue, Mona Vale, NSW, 2103. I tried putting my address for any network outages for the NBN network outage status support but it seems like there are no outages detected around here. Modem and NBN lights are attached below.

10 REPLIES 10
Shane

Hey,

Let us check the status of the connection and get to the bottom of this. To proceed with initial assessment, send us your accuont details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Internet connection was lost around 3pm yesterday on March 3rd Thursday at Seabeach Avenue, Mona Vale, NSW, 2103. I tried putting my address for any network outages for the NBN network outage status support but it seems like there are no outages detected around here. Modem and NBN lights are attached below.

yanglin65
Level 2

Hello,

Name: xxxlin

Username: xxxx

ID: xxx

Address 1: xxx5 32 xxxx

Address 2: xxxVALE xx

Email: xxxx@gmail.com

Shane

Hey, yanglin65

We removed your details for security purposes. We ran an initial test it shows no line fault however we detected that the NBN box is currently off.

We'd like to confirm the lights available on the NBN box or you may also post an image on this thread for reference.

Regards,

Hello,

yanglin65
Level 2

Hi, I have posted an image below which shows the NBN lights are on but the internet light is off for the modem. I can still use wi-fi with 4G and hotspot but I can't connect the internet with the modem.

Shane

Thanks, yanglin65.

Please confirm your best contact number and preferred time, we'll arrange our Technical Team to contact you for real-time assessment and investigation.

Regards,

Hello,

yanglin65
Level 2

Hi, the NBN technican came to our locations today but didn't fix the internet, as they said it has to do with the internet fibres and they couldn't do anything about it and that the other engineering staff will fix it but wasn't sure when they'll come. But no one has sent me a SMS, email or phone call regarding on when the internet will be fixed. Our internet has stopped since last Thursday and I urgently need the internet to be repaired by tomorrow, as our family had to use most of their mobile data such as 4G and hotspot to do work involving the wi-fi for the past week now. It has affected our daily lives and we will have to pay more money because it is likely that our mobile data will run out soon. So starting from tomorrow, we need the internet to be repaired ASAP. Please send a SMS, email or phone call regarding when the other engineering staff will come and fix it.

Ahra_G

Hi @yanglin65,

Another appointment is booked on 11 March 2022 between 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM. 

Please ensure that you or someone of legal age is present during the visit. 

You may reply to the SMS sent by our Engineering Team should you have further queries or let us know here. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

aonaskal
Level 3

Sometimes internet connection may fail due to simple things like a loose or unplugged network cable, modem, or router. If you're on a wireless network, your computer's wireless network interface card might be turned offside

Shukria
Level 2

well tpg took 140 from me without asking and I already told them before I left them because I went under another internet company and they also took 192 dollars because I was not using my wireless modem I even asked them and they said you were not using your modem they said we will return your money after you return the modem and they never told us where to put the modem and i did not get my money. PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.