TPG Community

Get online support

Low upload speed and no home telephone

SOLVED Go to solution
anmiller67
Level 3

Since last Friday, I have issues with low upload speed, less than 2mbps (I'm on an NBN50 HFC connection) and yesterday discovered my home phone is not working, can place calls but not receive them. I have contacted support via the mobile phone app and have had some responses, just the usual fault finding steps, which I had performed before logging the ticket. I was informed that I would receive a call from a technician, I assume to again perform fault finding steps but this has not happened.

With working form home and school form home my internet connection is quite important. Can my issue be looked into and rectified ASAP?

I have isolated my router for speed testing, reset it to factory settings, this has not resolved the issue, I believe the issue is up stream from my house.

EDIT: Outgoing calls are from a Perth number (08), I am in Sydney (02). I am able to call the 08 number and my home phone rings! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? I am unable to make changes to the phone portion of the router as TPG lock the router and won't supply this information to allow me to use my own router..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anmiller67
Level 3

Resolution: Faulty Huawei router replaced with a TP-Link one. The previous router lasted a bit over 12 months let's see how long this one lasts.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
David_M

Hi @anmiller67 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

anmiller67
Level 3

Hi David,

I used the app to log the initial issue, it was able to check my internet as being OK but when I tried the speed test it would always fail.

David_M

Hi @anmiller67 

I have escaleted this to our engineers to call you back ASAP within 48hrs to help resolve your phone issues.

Have you changed modems recently? If you can write down the MAC ADDRESS (written on modem sticker) and have that handy when they call it will help.

The NBN tests are passing for your NBN-HFC  50/20 speed at the moment, but the call back will assist you further,

Thanks,

anmiller67
Level 3

Hi David,

No changes at my end, the same TPG supplied router is in use.

anmiller67
Level 3

Resolution: Faulty Huawei router replaced with a TP-Link one. The previous router lasted a bit over 12 months let's see how long this one lasts.

antoniea
Level 2
hi David,
im not sure how to get support. my download speed is fine but upload is throttled to 0.8 Mbps
BasilDV

Hi @antoniea

Welcome to the Community!

Are you connected via WiFi or Wired connection? We've created an article that will guide you with some troubleshooting.

Refer to this link: Slow speed issue

If you are using a WiFi connection, we've created some articles to help you improve your home WiFi network.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV

antoniea
Level 2

XXXXXXXX, 30XX

BasilDV

Hi @antoniea

I've edited your post as it contains your account username.

Please avoid posting any information on a public thread as it may compromise your security.

We've tested the line and was able to detect that the service is working within range of your NBN 50 speed tier.

We'd like to arrange a call from our Tech team to check on this further.

Please send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted tomorrow.

BasilDV