TPG Community

Get online support

Missing VPN Setup on Archer VR1600v v2

SOLVED Go to solution
Mozzmanau
Level 2
I had this feature on my modem a few months ago and now it's gone. I've been wanting to ditch TPG for a while now and switch over to Aussie broadband. They're service absolutely destroys tpgs. This is the final straw for me, been a customer of theirs for over 15 years.
gabci
Level 2

We are going to leave soon... tpg sucks big time

Level 2

I have an ASUS TR-AC5300 that was using the Archer as the modem and was using NordVPN OpenVPN.

Are we saying this is the reason my VPN no longer works?

gracile
Level 3

Nope -  this thread is about VPN capability inbuilt into the supplied router (primarily to allow remote access by the owner).  This does not match your scenario.

Level 2

My follow-up is that my VPN used to work but now does not either.

The OpenVPN is meant to be applied using the ASUS 5300 as the router but for the last few months, nothing.

When I apply the NordVPN app on the PC in qiestion, no problem but going through the ASUS router connected through the Archer as a modem, nothing.

IU should also note that when I setup sing the ASUS off the Archer, I had to go to TPG twice and replace one of the Archer modems. Then they had no idea how to connect the ASUS as the router with the Archer as modem. Nothing. One of the techs actually just took it as a personal favour to send me some kind of help. I managed to get my setup working with no problems for a few years and now this. TPG are dog poop, Sad, I have been with them 15 years or so myself.

Whether I am affected or not by TPG's changes, this would have to be one of the biggest own goals by an ISP for a long, long time. I have no faith in the company. #Sad.

Shane

Hi @2877839,

When you say you apply the NordVPN app on the PC it works, does it mean the ASUS router is isolated? As you mentioned that the supplied TPG modem/router has been replacement twice and the issue still persist whenever you use the ASUS router as a router extension could it be the router itself is faulty? How long you been using this router? Have you raised this to ASUS support?

Also, TPG do not support on how connect a 3rd party router because we do not have information how to set it up, thus we can provide you basic settings that may help but it is best to contact the manufacturer support to avoid incorrect troubleshooting. 

Please confirm if the VPN is working using our supplied modem/router alone for additional reference.

Regards,

My follow-up is that my VPN used to work but now does not either.

The OpenVPN is meant to be applied using the ASUS 5300 as the router but for the last few months, nothing.

When I apply the NordVPN app on the PC in qiestion, no problem but going through the ASUS router connected through the Archer as a modem, nothing.

IU should also note that when I setup sing the ASUS off the Archer, I had to go to TPG twice and replace one of the Archer modems. Then they had no idea how to connect the ASUS as the router with the Archer as modem. Nothing. One of the techs actually just took it as a personal favour to send me some kind of help. I managed to get my setup working with no problems for a few years and now this. TPG are dog poop, Sad, I have been with them 15 years or so myself.

Whether I am affected or not by TPG's changes, this would have to be one of the biggest own goals by an ISP for a long, long time. I have no faith in the company. #Sad.

ponek
Level 2

No okay to just remove the VPN server feature!

The easy setup of VPN and other options was one of the main reasons I choose TPG. 

Please give us the option back and add a warning or something!