TPG Community

Get online support

Modem clicking after close lightning strike

SOLVED Go to solution
SummerLeaf
Level 2
My NBN went down yesterday after a close lightning strike, and modem started non stop clicking.
The NCD has the following lights:
Power light = Solid Blue
Connection light = flashing Red.
DSL light = off
LAN light = off

I turned the power off and left it off for some hours. Just retried and the problem still persists.

There no listed outages for my area.
I have turned the NCD off for now as the clicking noise every couple of seconds is hard to cope with!

Before I call in the morning (ok later this morning) I thought I'd ask what this means. I need NBN for work, and if I don't get connection, I won't get paid.

Can someone please advise? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SummerLeaf
Level 2
I didn't receive any contact from anyone, and nbn device was still flashing, so yesterday afternoon, I called back in to TPG. Lady took me through a reset at her end and I had to reset the device at my end.
Then it all started working.
Would be good if TPG or NBN could reach out to close the loop instead of me having to guess if line problems were fixed.

However, all's well that ends well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SummerLeaf
Level 2
They're sending someone over to check it out.
Ahra_G

Hi @SummerLeaf,

I've managed to locate your account and recent update on the lodged fault indicated that another tech visit may need to be booked. 

I'll inform the assigned Engineer to contact you and provide updates where possible. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

They're sending someone over to check it out.
SummerLeaf
Level 2
Thanks Ahra. The first NBN technician indicated a line fault and said he would log a call for NBN line tech. He said it would be fixed in 48 hours. Well, it hasn't, so anything you can do to expedite the matter would be very helpful.
Also thanks for calling, sorry I was unable to pick up at the time.
SummerLeaf
Level 2
I didn't receive any contact from anyone, and nbn device was still flashing, so yesterday afternoon, I called back in to TPG. Lady took me through a reset at her end and I had to reset the device at my end.
Then it all started working.
Would be good if TPG or NBN could reach out to close the loop instead of me having to guess if line problems were fixed.

However, all's well that ends well.