TPG Community

Get online support

My FTTB is too slow and not stable

SOLVED Go to solution
aongdria
Level 2
Hi,
I have been with TPG for many years before we moved, we used NBN the fastest plan. It was no problem at all.
After we moved to new unit, TPG offered FTTB which claimed that faster speed and cheaper. Since we moved in, the internet speed is way unstable. Modem router placed in the living room and we sit next to it, the tv is next to it. But I experienced too slow speed and had to restart the modem very often. Even after restart the medem, the speed still unstable. I have read many related articles here but still no luck.
We only connected the wifi to a TV, a laptop, and 2 mobile phones. I am thinking of changing provider if the problem cannot be solved. I tried call customer service line but the wait was so long. Please can any one in customer service contact me?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Riezl

Hi @aongdria , please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help get to the bottom of this.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Riezl

Hi @aongdria , please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help get to the bottom of this.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Shane

Hi @aongdria,

Thanks for sending us your details.

We're able to locate the account and ran an initial test, the result shows the service is getting a passing speed on the line. For testing purposes and to identify the actual speed of the service please run a speed test using a desktop/laptop connected via LAN/Ethernet cable. 

In the event that the speed test result using LAN connection is passing, the speed issue causing wirelesses interference. Here are some articles that you may find helpful.

It probably caused by Wireless Interference, here are some articles that you may find helpful.

Please see links below.

Please check this thread for reference.

Let us know how it will go.

@aongdria wrote:
Hi,
I have been with TPG for many years before we moved, we used NBN the fastest plan. It was no problem at all.
After we moved to new unit, TPG offered FTTB which claimed that faster speed and cheaper. Since we moved in, the internet speed is way unstable. Modem router placed in the living room and we sit next to it, the tv is next to it. But I experienced too slow speed and had to restart the modem very often. Even after restart the medem, the speed still unstable. I have read many related articles here but still no luck.
We only connected the wifi to a TV, a laptop, and 2 mobile phones. I am thinking of changing provider if the problem cannot be solved. I tried call customer service line but the wait was so long. Please can any one in customer service contact me?