TPG Community

Get online support

My IP Address keep changing for every 30 mins

VenkatSubramani
Level 2

Hi,

I understand, on Home Bundle, its Dynamic IP. But, it should not change this frequently. As I do much work on Azure, I want the IP address to stay the same for at least 3 to 4 hours. 

FYI, from yesterday evening, it has changed, at least 15 times. Can you please have a look?

Thanks,

Venkat 

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @VenkatSubramani,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details  and reviewed the account.

The IP address for NBN service should be good for at least a day as long as the service is stable.

We've checked the account and was not able to detect any dropouts that may cause the change of IP address.

May we know where did you notice that you are receiving a new IP address? Are you able to send a PM with the screenshot of the lists of the IP addresses that was assigned to you?

How to send a PM? Click here.

Regards,

BasilDV

VenkatSubramani
Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I was working on  Azure data migration 2 days ago and it  was keep failing for every few minutes (around 30 minutes) indicating your IP address is not in  the whitelist. If I add the new IP into the whitelist, it  worked for few more and the same error again with a new IP address. It was a painful day. I will come across the issue when I work on azure again Smiley Sad

Thanks,

Venkat

VenkatSubramani
Level 2

By the way, 

I called the customer support when I Ihad the issue. But, based on my experience, I will never call  again.

It was just a waste of time.

Joseph_D

@VenkatSubramani  I can see that both your connection and current IP is stable for 49 hours and 10 minutes. Did you keep a record on the IP addresses your connection is getting? If you did can you send us the list of IP that was assigned to your connection and when it was assigned? I want to investigate that part.

BTW I would recommend a powercycle before you start your work so that the connection to the server will refresh.

Thanks,

Joseph D