TPG Community

Get online support

My NBN 50 connection keeps dropping out and i get slow upload speeds

cyap
Level 2
I'm having a lot of trouble with my HFC NBN 50 connection with frequent dropouts as well as a slow upload speed. Using the Huawei HG659 modem provided by TPG. Can a moderator help me resolve this? This is a real issue as my colleagues can't hear me when we're teleconferencing but I can hear them perfectly.
5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Good day @cyap.

Welcome to TPG Community!

I checked the account and was not able to detect any issues on the network. The dropouts are minimal, around 1 to 2 per day, but not consistent. Are we using WiFi connection or wired connection?

If WiFi, did you notice the wifi signal on your device if it's still visible or was it gone?

If wired, does it happen at a specific time?

We'd like to look into it further to check the upload speed that you are getting from the network. I will arrange a  call from our Tech team.

Please shoot me a message of your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Good day, @cyap.

I understand that our Tech team has been in touch and the case was escalated to our Engineering team for further investigation. They've raised the issue with NBN Co and now waiting for an update.

Once our Engineers received an update, they'll be in touch with you right away.

Should you require any assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

cyap
Level 2

The NBN technician attended and found the problem. One of the connectors in the box in the street was 'burnt out' - hardly discernible but enough damage to make the connection intermittent and unreliable. He replaced that and a few other connectors along the path. Upload speeds seems better but still no great shakes - more around 0.9 Mbps as opposed to 0.4 Mbps.

BasilDV

Thank you for the update @cyap.

I will chase this with our Engineering team to look into it further and to review the report of the NBN technician. They will be in touch within the day.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Hi @cyap,

I understand that our Engineering team has been in touch and was advised that the case is still under monitoring. Further updates will be given by them.

Should you require any assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,