TPG Community

Get online support

My outgoing emails are received as Spam by others

JEB
Level 2
Level 2

A lot of my emails land in my friends SPAM folder, even though I am in their contact list !

I suspect many emails I send to new Recipients share that fate , as often I do not receive answers.

I am still using Outlook 2002 as I am familiar with that, but doubt my email client has anything to do with this problem ! TPG is my provider, but I have mail accounts with Bigpond and Iprimus, and it seems I need to use the SMTP outgoing settings (mail.tpg.com.au ) for these accounts as well ! Correct me if I am wrong about this !

Since I discovered this problem I add myself as cc to receipients , and many , but not all are then Marked 

[ SPAM ] when I receive them. ( Outlook 2002 does not have a Spam/Junk Folder , so I do receive them )

Anyone have a solution to this ?  Thanks in Advance !!

23 REPLIES 23
Will

Hi @JEB,

Welcome to the Community!

One possible reason why email messages you send go to the Spam folder of the receiver is when your email address has been flagged as a spammer. To check if this is the case, try to send an email via webmail or the post office for your email account to see if you'll get the same result.

Regards,

Will

JEB
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks Will !

I have run a dozen tests this morning and have inconsistent results :

1) Sending from TPG Web to my own TPG account the mail landed in the Spam folder !

Repeating this a couple of hours later, it went to the Spam folder again

2) Sending from TPG Web to my iprimus & Telstra Bigpond account mail was not marked as Spam

3) Sending from my Outlook 2002 iprimus and Telstra some mail arrived marked as Spam on the Web

(Re: [SPAM] Bigpond to TPG test on web )  but did not go to the Spam folder !

So I am no smarter ( remember SMPT on all accounts is TPG )

How does an email address become marked as a Spammer in the 1st place ?

Also to that part of my question : Is it possible to use SMPT settings Telstra & Iprimus when TPG is my service provider ?

Thanks again 

Will

Hi @JEB,

I'm not sure if I just missed what you meant earlier, but are you having trouble with a TPG email address or from a non-TPG email address/es (Bigpond and IPrimus accounts)?

If it's a non-TPG email account that you're having trouble with, kindly do the test on webmail provided by Bigpond or iPrimus.

Technically, you should be using the SMTP settings of the email provider. In the event that you're unable to get it to work, then as an alternative option, we advise you to use our SMTP settings instead.

zigg122
Level 2

This solution didn't work in 2019, and it is a nothing answer.
My emails to Bigpond from TPG are also rejected, but there seems no solution.
Why is it a problem which TPG cannot fix?  It is very frustrating.

Is there a solution, am I missing something?  These answers and support just cycle round and round.

Zigg122

Riezl

Hi @zigg122 , please send us a private message with the email address you're having issue with so we can look into this further. To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

zigg122
Level 2

@Riezl wrote:

Hi @zigg122 , please send us a private message with the email address you're having issue with so we can look into this further. To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Thanks for your interest.  I tried to PM, but got the maessage "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."  I find this strange since I was logged in and have not sent a PM in a long time, if ever. 

jklynn
Level 2

I am a Newsletter sender in a Probus Club and have been sending for years. Suddenly in the last month my emails are going into junk mail on those members using Bigpond. How do I find out why?

BasilDV

Hi @jklynn

Are you using an email client or the webmail?

Did you check with the members that uses Bigpond accounts if they changed their mail filters?

Have you tried to reboot your modem/router? Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number along with your email address to check this further.

BasilDV

cshall5
Level 3

I have been haing the same problem for the last few months. Occasionally emails get through from our TPG account to bigpond users, but mostly the bigpond user does not receive it, or it is in their junk folder. My wife and I are treasurer and secretary of our church, and we curerntly have to ring every bigpond user to find out if they have received our emails, which is of course a rdiiculous situation. Jerico at TPG has been tracing my lost emails to bigpond, but just reports "the email was delivered to the bigpond server". That is nice to know, but presumably there is some attribute of the TPG emails that is causing bigpond to route the emails to junk folders. I really hope someone can sort this out soon, as changing to a new email address is a lot of hassle.