TPG Community

Get online support

My outgoing emails are received as Spam by others

Shane

Hi @cshall5,

Have you receive new updates about the email issues from our Postmaster? If not yet you may contact them via return email or shoot us a PM with the affected e-mail address so we can have this follow up for you. 

Regards,

cshall5
Level 3

When I first raised this, we were also having trouble with gmail and optusnet email addresses. These problems appear to be resolved, leaving only bigpond. I've sent to the postmaster, half a dozen examples of mails to bigpond users, which have either going to junk or seemingly getting lost altogether. (We can received from bigpond ok.) I've recevied a few replies from the postmaster, which aren't really helping to solve the problem. A recent reply was:

"Upon checking our logs, the email was successfully sent to the bigpond users.

If they didn't received it, they need to contact their email provider to check it."  

Yes the email was delivered, but to their junk folder. Our email addresses are in the bigpond users address books. I'm presuming that the emails from the TPG server, must have some sort of attribute that the bigpond end is using to determine that the email is junk. One bigpond user I send to, has both a PC and iPhone, and my mails go to junk on both systems. I will send some more examples to the postmaster, but I'm not seeing any progress after weeks of providing examples.  

cshall5
Level 3

I've just sent 3 more examples to the postmaster.

Shane

We'll keep an eye on this thread and let us know the progress of this email issue affecting the service. 

ross51
Level 2

Over the past 6 weeks, some (not all) of my tpg emails are going to the Spam folder of recipients in my contact list. I have been using tpg for the past 25 years and this hasnt happend before. I am using Outlook 2019. Any suggestions as to how this can be fixed.

BasilDV

Hi @ross51

Your email address might be tagged as Spam by the recipient's email server.

Try to advise the recipients to filter your address on their whitelists for it to direct to their inbox.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

cshall5
Level 3

Hi Shane,

Unfortunately nothing has changed. My emails to Bigpond users almost always end up in their junk folders. I have provided numerous examples to the postmaster, but the reply is always that the Bigpond user should add my name to their whitelist, or they should contact Telstra. I have selected one Bigpond user and made sure that my email address is in his address book and is whitelisted, but most emails to him still end up in junk. There are about another 20 people on Bigpond that I (try to) contact, and I'm not going through the process with all of them, as firstly, it doesn't solve the problem, and secondly, they are mostly elderly and I will have to visit them to do this. At present, I'm using a gmail address to contact Bigpond users, but this is really messy using multiple addresses. What do I do now?  I'm happy to collate all the emails that I know have failed, and all the responses from the postmaster if that will help. It will take a while as there are a lot. I was able to get one Bigpond user to send me the header of an email that went to his junk, and this included all the spam indexes etc, which I though might help the postmaster. I sent it to him but I just got the usual response that the user should contact Telstra.  I know I'm not the only person having problems reaching Bigpond. I can receive from Bigpond without problems. Can we do something before I just ditch my TPG email account?  Thanks, Craig.

Rica_R

Hi @cshall5,

May I know if you have already forwarded a screenshot to our PostMaster with the email that has your address whitelisted and added to his address book? 

cshall5
Level 3

Hi,

The person whitelisted me a few months ago. Since then, each time I send an email to that person, he let’s me know if it has gone to junk or not. If it has gone to junk, I then forward the email to the postmaster.

Regards,

Craig

BasilDV

Hi @cshall5

We'll chase this to our Post Masters.

Shoot me a PM with the email that you've sent to our Post Masters for fast tracking.

BasilDV