TPG Community

Get online support

NBN 5G Broadband Modem Error

itneau
Level 2

Hi,

I have recently joined on 5g Broadband. The modem has access to 5g and appears to be working well. I have observed after a day or so the Modem will drop to 4G and it requires a restart to get back into 5g band.

This maynot be useful but i can see constant errors in the logs copied below

11.11.2023 4:41:00info 
PIN attempts remaining : 3 | PUK attempts remaining : 10
11.11.2023 4:41:00info 
11.11.2023 4:40:53info 

Any help would be appreciated

Best

JA

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hi @itneau ,

May we know what make and model of the modem you have? You can turn off the band steering to avoid these wireless issues.

Could you confirm the troubleshooting steps you have taken so far?

Regards,

Hi,

I have recently joined on 5g Broadband. The modem has access to 5g and appears to be working well. I have observed after a day or so the Modem will drop to 4G and it requires a restart to get back into 5g band.

This maynot be useful but i can see constant errors in the logs copied below

11.11.2023 4:41:00

info

11.11.2023 4:41:00

info

11.11.2023 4:40:53

info

Any help would be appreciated

Best

JA

david64
Level 15

@Shane . PIN and PUK indicate something with the 5G SIM card or trying to connect to the 5G base station, not wifi band steering.

And isn't TPG only using Sagemcom units on 5G?

Shane

Agreed, it is unusual how the modem started getting this error. 

@Shane . PIN and PUK indicate something with the 5G SIM card or trying to connect to the 5G base station, not wifi band steering.

And isn't TPG only using Sagemcom units on 5G?

itneau
Level 2

Hi,

Modem is Sagemcom 5866T.

I simply restart the modem, and it will reconnect at 5g for several hours and then drop back to 4g until I reboot again. 

Best

JA

Shane

Hi @itneau 

Could you flick me a message with your details to better understand the situation?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi,

Modem is Sagemcom 5866T.

I simply restart the modem, and it will reconnect at 5g for several hours and then drop back to 4g until I reboot again.

Best

JA

gsm
Level 2
Level 2

Was there a resolution with this? I am experiencing similar issues with my sagmcom f@st 5866t. There is a 4g tower closer to my location than the next 5g tower, of which there are a few, and no matter how many places I've tried, when I get a 5g connection it eventually drops back to 4g. Is there a way similar to wifi band steering to force the modem to 5g only, as when it connects after a reboot it always has 3-4 signal leds. Will the latest firmware fix this? Unfortunately a 5g home connection which keeps dropping back to 4g is pretty useless.

adib_rahmang
Community Manager

Hey @gsm,

We’ll check it out. Send us a private message so we can grab your address and take a closer look.