TPG Community

Get online support

NBN - Changed plan to 100 Mbps but not getting anywhere close to Peak speeds

rajeshb89
Level 2

Hi Team,

I have upgraded my plan from 50 Mbps to 100 Mbps today and I received the confirmation that the plan change has been complete.

I restarted the modem and then ran a few speed tests from TPG's link as well as from Ookla.

I used to get around 42-47 Mbps on my 50 Mbps plan but now getting only 57-60Mbps on the 100 Mbps plan. This seems too low for a plan upgrade. Can someone please assist me with next steps.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @rajeshb89 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line, but was not able to detect any issue. The modem/router is getting a good ocnnection speed from the NBN server as well.

Did you test the speed via WiFi or Wired connection? If WiFi, are you using the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band network? Could you test the speed via Wired for comparison?

We've created some articles that may help you improve your WiFi connection and troubleshoot a slow speed issue:

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

rajeshb89
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV ,

Many thanks for your reply.

All testings were on 2.4 Ghz Wifi

Interestingly, I am seeing 93-96 Mbps on speedtest when I moved to 5 Ghz. Do you recommend users to be on this band for 100 Mbps? I have not tried wired yet. 

BasilDV

Hi @rajeshb89 

Thanks for the update.

The 2.4GHz band can support the given speed, but it is prone to signal interference.

You may try the articles that we've created in order to improve your home WiFi network.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV