TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Connection speed issues

Ryan195
Level 2
Good morning,

I’m currently connected to the 50mbps NBN plan & have been for years achieving the full download and upload speeds all day long until recently.

Earlier this week my internet connection had a random drop out. It took a while to reconnect and once it did my connection speed has significantly dropped in both upload/download. It has also dropped out a few more times since it did initially.

I’ve tried resetting the modem multiple times to still find I’m achieving around 35mbps download & 12mbps upload. I’ve checked the phone cable and outlet and everything is plugged in fine.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Angeli

Hi @Ryan195

Welcome to TPG Community! 

May I ask you to try changing the wireless channel through your modem settings? Here's how:
Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it?

Let me know how it goes. 

Ryan195
Level 2

Thanks for the reply!

I have done your suggestion & it has obviously made no difference to my line speed. 

I'm currently using my PC connected via ethernet & this is a speedtest result from just now - http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/aff2dbb0-b861-11ec-9698-5fb844e27bf1

My modem stats are -

DSL

Upstream Downstream
Current Rate (kbps)1158035820
Max Rate (kbps)1147939017
SNR Margin (dB)67.5
Line Attenuation (dB)49.325.5
Errors (pkts)00

Constant resets of the modem keep bringing it to roughly this same result. Beforehand I was getting 56-58mbps max rate. Not sure whats suddenly changed?

Thanks, Ryan.

Angeli

Hi @Ryan195

Have you tried to do a hard reset on the modem? 

Ryan195
Level 2

Just did a hard reset as suggested.

Line speeds read by modem after hard reset are as follows:

DSL

Upstream Downstream
Current Rate (kbps)1246034872
Max Rate (kbps)1246038252
SNR Margin (dB)5.97.6
Line Attenuation (dB)49.325.6
Errors (pkts)00

Speed test through PC connected via ethernet: http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/67499340-b8b1-11ec-91aa-49043586848d

Really disappointed with this connection at the moment as it was flawless until around a week ago! 

BasilDV

Hi @Ryan195

We'd like to look into your service further and run some line tests.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @Ryan195

I received your PM and found a possible fault within the line in which affected the service connection speed.

This has been raised to our Engineering team for further investigation and updates will be provided within 24 to 48 hours via SMS or phone call.

BasilDV