TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Constant dropout

SOLVED Go to solution
madtoads
Level 2

Hey, I am using NBN at the moment and there is 2~3 minute dropout every 30~40 minutes. I have tried changing the channel and still having constant dropouts. Can you guys fix this? or would ISP change help the dopout?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ahra_G

Good day, madtoads!

I understand that you have been contacted today by the assigned officer regarding the reported issue and have agreed to still continue to monitor the connection and not have the test modem yet. Please do let us know how it will go using a LAN connection. 

We're just a message away should any additional assistance be needed. 

Cheers! 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Shane

Hi @madtoads,

Welcome to the community!

I would love to help and see what causes dropouts on your connection.

I went ahead and tried to use your community details to pull up the account and I got a match.

To confirm that I have the correct account kindly PM me your account details (Username/Customer ID or Contact number associated with the account).

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @madtoads,

Thanks for sending me your details.

I ran inital test on your service and It is currently connected for 2h 21m .

I'd like to know on which device(s) you experience this issue and what troubleshooting have you done so far.

Cheers!

madtoads
Level 2

Hi Shane, thanks for the quick reply. I have had WLAN setting changing channel troubleshooting. Thats the one TPG technicla support team told me to do. It's changing channels in WLAN setting in 192.168.1.1. I wasn't home for 2 hours and I just got back. My roommate doesnt use the internet much. I think it drops out when someone uses the internet. Im using my laptop, iPad and android mobile phone to use the internet, but when it drops out, none of the devices are getting the internet. So I think its more cable or modem problem than my devices.

Ahra_G

Apologies for the inconvenience caused, madtoads

I've seen drop outs on the connection but we have yet to confirm what is causing it. We can also check if the equipment also contributes to the connection issue. 

May I know the most convenient time for you to receive a call? I will organise a call back to be made from our Technical Team for further assistance. 

Thanks! 

madtoads
Level 2

Hey. You can call me right now if you can. I can answer the phone now and I am at my place. And for more information, I had another dropouts at 3.53pm. 4.00pm. and 4.04pm today. Since then its fine, but please do call me to fix the problem. Thank you.

Ahra_G

Thanks for confirming, madtoads

I'll have someone to contact you in a few minutes on the number we have on file, ending in XXXXXX4371.

Please let us know how it goes. 

Cheers! 

madtoads
Level 2

Thank you Ahra. Im waiting on that call at the moment, I can answer the phone and have access to the modem whole day. So feel free to call me when your support team is ready. Thank you.

Ahra_G

Hello madtoads

I can see that our Technical Team has been in touch and that you have been advised that the connection still needs to be monitored both on your end and ours. 

Please let us know how it goes. 

Cheers! 

Ahra_G

Good day, madtoads!

I understand that you have been contacted today by the assigned officer regarding the reported issue and have agreed to still continue to monitor the connection and not have the test modem yet. Please do let us know how it will go using a LAN connection. 

We're just a message away should any additional assistance be needed. 

Cheers!