NBN Down

highlandhippie
Level 3
OK what do we need to do to get a little help?
It's 37degrees
One family member has a broken ankle and can't do anything
One has a severe disability and doesn't understand why he can't watch any of his favourite shows (and it is too hot to take him outside as it will end up with him in the hospital).
I am going somewhat stir crazy trying to keep the peace, but no one seems to give two hoots about why we have had no internet since Christmas night.
I have replied to PMs, we have lodge a fault, we have spent 2 hours trying to call, we have emailed... Who do I need to sleep with to get something done and soon? I am thinking it might be the telecommunications ombudsman?
BasilDV

Hi @highlandhippie 

We've responded to your private message.

Once you are done with the given troubleshooting, then we'll be able to determine the fault.

Let us know how it goes.

highlandhippie
Level 3
Ok, we have tried everything that you have suggested and even purchased a new modem and we STILL have no WAN or Internet lights coming on.
Please see files attached showing lights and set up.
This really is getting beyond a joke.
highlandhippie
Level 3
Honestly How do we get any sort of help??????????????
alanguide
Level 7

This is the best place, IMHO, but the mods are doing other support work so may not reply straight away.

highlandhippie
Level 3
That is all fine and good that tech staff are working on other issues, but we are now on day 6 of no internet and $180 into the red for a new modem which hasn't fixed the problem. Now we are getting radio silence.
Renatoleite
Level 3
Same here,

Just get a new service provider in the new Year. TPG has been a joke. Terrible client support when calling them. Outages quite often. First in the christmas eve, now in the new year's eve, it extremely frustrating. No comms from TPG or notifications about the outages, you click on the service status of the website and they say: ALL GREEN working fine, but that page is just a static page that there is no real live updates.
Renatoleite
Level 3
Last week when I had this issue. I did following:

Access you routing admin:
- Connect to your wifi (Even without internet)
- Open the browser and type the IP address: 192.168.1.1
- The routing account will pop up.
- If you did not change the routing account username and password, the default login details would be: usrrname: admin password: admin
- Go to TAB advanced and then Network, look for a tab called: DLS, choose the option to re-sync DLS, then click save.
Shut down the NBN box and Modem, turn back on.

I am not sure if TPG actually fixed the problem on their side or if by doing this I fixed the problem.

This time, is down again, and nothing I do seem to fix the problem. I am moving away from TPG very tyring and stresseful.
Shane

Hi @highlandhippie ,

Could you flick me a message with the Serial number and MAC address of the NBN Box?

Thank you.