TPG Community

Get online support

NBN FTTC 5th visit scheduled

GnJ
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

About to have my 5th visit from NBN since signing up with TPG about three months ago...

Basically keep loosing service (red flashing light this time) TPG can't do much other than request NBN visit. The cable from the pit to the house has been cut reconnected multiple times. Last visit NBN tech said cable not that good but service working so job closed (apparently NBN won't schedule to replace a faulty line unless you have no service). This time service worked for one day. Basically the story is the cable from the house to the pit (there are two) are - one is faulty (open cct) and the other line quality so so.

Whilst I have found TPG and NBN to be response the fault is not fixed, which makes working from home a nightmare. NBN box/modem has not been replaced, TPG modem has not been replaced and the line to the pit (about 20 meteres) has not been replaced after the fault reoccurring multiple times.

Anyone else had a similar nightmare?

4 REPLIES 4
GnJ
Level 2
Level 2

24 views but no comment, I must just be lucky :-(

BasilDV

Hi @GnJ

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details.

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience as the line is fully owned by NBN Co. and their technician will be the one to report if the cable is for replacement.

Our Engineers have raised the concern with NBN Co, however, it's still their decision if the line will be replaced.

You may also check their Technology choice program. Check this link.

Stay safe.

BasilDV

GnJ
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Basil

Thanks for the welcome and looking up the "case". As a matter of interest, whilst I wait for NBN to decide what they will do, what happens in the mean time? TPG will be sending a dongle or the like so I can access the internet that is the service I am paying for?

BasilDV

Hi @GnJ

We do not send out dongles, but the assigned Engineer will assess the case for billing adjustment.

BasilDV