TPG Community

Get online support

NBN FTTC not connecting - red light flashing on NCD with a clicking sound

24dpalmAUK
Level 2

Hi All/Support,

My NBN appears to have gone down straight after the Sydney storm yesterday afternoon. The red light on my NCD is flashing and it's making a clicking sound,

I've checked and there are no service issues in my area and I've tried rebooting it a number of times but still no success.

Is there an email address I can use to raise this issue? I'm working from home so it would be great to have this up and running again as quickly as possible.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @24dpalmAUK 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the NBN line.

There's a possible fault within the NBN network, which needs to be investigated.

This case has been raised to our Engineering team and someone will be in touch with you via SMS or phone call within 24 to 48 hours.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

24dpalmAUK
Level 2
Hi Support,

Can you please let me know whether a technician is able to come today to fix my NBN issue today? We have 2 adults working from home and 3 kids who have used up all their data. I’m also aware there are a number of FTTC customers in the Five Dock, Rodd Point, Abbotsford and the Drummoyne area that are experiencing the same issue since the Sydney storm so was hoping the technician would bundle the jobs up.

I was told on Tuesday that the earliest appointment for a technician visit is Thursday, 14 January 2021, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM however this doesn't work for us.

I have sent a number of text replies but have not had any reply since Wednesday - I understand you guys are extremely busy.

Appreciate anything you can do to get this moving ASAP.

Thanks
Dan
Riezl

Hi @24dpalmAUK , the initial date provided is the earliest date available provided to us by our wholesale partner NBN. We can have a look to see if there's an earlier date for a technician visit. However, we cannot guarantee this as we work with our suppliers to provide this particular service, which means we are reliant on their scheduling. 

We have forwarded your message to our Engineering Team and we have advised the Case Engineer to contact you for further assistance. 

24dpalmAUK
Level 2

Hi Riezl,

Do you know when the Case Engineer is likley to contact me for further assistance as the date recommended does not work for me.

Thanks in advance.

Riezl

We have made another follow up and we'll make sure that you will be contacted today.