TPG Community

Get online support

NBN FTTC - second phone line

SOLVED Go to solution
ashalim
Level 2
Hi, I'm about to be connected to NBN FTTC. My question is I have 2 phone sockets in the house. I would like to connect a phone to the 2nd phone socket (different location than the NBN router), will it work?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Welcome to the Community @ashalim

The 2nd phone socket will not work since the bundled phone for NBN FTTC is VoIP, which the handset is required to be connected to the designated phone port.

You may check the setup guide that we've created for NBN FTTC here.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Welcome to the Community @ashalim

The 2nd phone socket will not work since the bundled phone for NBN FTTC is VoIP, which the handset is required to be connected to the designated phone port.

You may check the setup guide that we've created for NBN FTTC here.

BasilDV

ashalim
Level 2

Makes sense...now does it matter which phone socket is used by the NCD?

Because I've tried connecting using either one. For some reason one of the phone socket says iiNet when I tried a speed test and the other shows TPG. It's currently connected to the "TPG" phone socket...however, my phone is still not working. It has dial tone but has a high pitch continuous beep. I can't dial out and I can't dial in either.

The "Phone 1" line on the TP Link router is not on too.

ashalim
Level 2

Never mind, apparently it takes 24-48 hrs to connect the voip phone.

Shane

Hi @ashalim we can see that your NBN service has been activated and the home phone status is connected to our network. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,