TPG Community

Get online support

NBN FTTN Internet Connection is unstable and sync speed is dropped

SOLVED Go to solution
duke007
Level 2

Hi Support,

My NBN FTTN Internet Connection is unstable. Every 1-2 day, internet is disconnected in random times. And the sync speed has been dropped from 80 to 66 mbps. I will give you more information when you review this ticket.

I found my issue is similar to the this one https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Sync-speed-packet-loss/td-p/4825

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
duke007
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

My Internet has been status now. So please close the ticket.

Best regards,

duke007

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @duke007,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We've reviewed the case that you've provided.

Are you able to provide us more information about your concern? As I've reviewed the account and the test that were made by our Tech team when the service was installed is showing 60+ Mbps sync speed. We are aware that an email was sent to you in regards to the ACCC refund due to the speed issue.

Due to network limitation, we can only provide you the sync speed of 60+ Mbps.

We are aware that you were able to speak with our Accounts team on the 13th of October and advised you about the options that you can choose.

Have you come up with a decision?

I will arrange a call from our Accounts team to discuss this further. Please shoot me a private message of your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

duke007
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

I firstly want to have my internet stabilized. At the time technical staff called me last Friday, the internet was ok but after that a day , the internet was outage again. It became available after I rebooted the modem. I would like to wait for a week before I made decision. If the issue is fixed with in this week, I will stay with TPG. For the sync speed, please discard it for now.

Best regards,

BasilDV

Hi @duke007,

The internet seems to be stable without any issues detected on the NBN network.

Please observe the lights on your modem if there's any changes when you lost the internet. Check on both wired and wireless connection to make sure it is not the WiFi signal which is being interfered.

Update with the progress and we'll look into it further.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

duke007
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

The DSL, WIFI 2.5 and 5.0 lights are in solid green at the moment. I will wait a few more days. If there is no issue, this ticket can be closed.

Best regards,

duke007

duke007
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

My Internet has been status now. So please close the ticket.

Best regards,

duke007