TPG Community

Get online support

NBN HFC Internet Dropouts

Dave-Qld
Level 2

Anyone else around the Cherside - Wavell Hts area having NBN - HFC internet dropout issues?

Been getting 5-10 dropouts a day since Xmas

Thx

5 REPLIES 5
2fly
Level 5

Hi @Dave-Qld

I've check TPG service status and there's no know outage on the area.

Have you notice the lights on the NBN Arris and on the TPG Modem when the service drops?

If not try to pay attention to the LED of both NBN Arris and TPG Supplied modem as those LED will tell us where the issue is.

BasilDV

Hi @Dave-Qld,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and learned that the dropouts is already being handled by our Engineering team. The case was lodged to NBN Co for a technician to visit your site and investigate the dropouts.

There's no schedule that was given as of the moment, but will chase this up with our Engineering team and have someone to contact you within the day to provide updates.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @Dave-Qld,

I understand that our Engineering team has been in touch and have booked an NBN technician visit on Wednesday between 1pm to 5pm. You or someone 18 yrs old and above should be available during the visit.

Further updates will be given by our Engineering team once available.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Dave-Qld
Level 2

Hi BasilDV

After 3.5 weeks of dropouts (8-10 per day, 5-10 minutes duration), internet has finally come good, no dropouts now for 4.5 days. Occured a couple of days after the third NBN Tech visit. I think it was an issue with my NBN signal level being on its outer limits due to either the addition of new customers, a fault in another connection elsewhere or so called system optimisation in our area/node (probably a bit of all three). Not sure of exact reason as no one will tell me what was done to make it come good. The NBN Tech's did replace connectors and NBN modem at our house but we were still getting dropouts.

Anyway, it is work now.

Thx

Dave

Riezl

Hi @Dave-Qld, we have checked the status of your connection and it appears to be stable for more than a day now.

Our Engineering Team is still monitoring your service and they are waiting for service confirmation.

We can have the case engineer contact you to discuss the outcome of the technician visit, just PM us your best contact number and most convenient time to receive a call.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.